Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Perform assembly, complex and repetitive wiring, and/or other electro-mechanical assembly operations to complete sub-assemblies and final assembly of product.
- Work to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from Management or Engineers to established procedures.
- Build subassemblies and assemblies using standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly.
- Use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
- Responsible for inspecting completed assemblies to ensure compliance with Raleigh Plant Quality standards and making necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals.
- Report irregularities or equipment malfunctions.
- Adheres to work instructions and all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations.
- Provide process and safety improvement ideas.
- Ensure machines and tools are properly calibrated and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S+.
- Locate available parts using Kanban system.
- Frequently lift subassemblies and parts weighing up to 50 pounds while completing assembly process.
- Frequent standing and bending while assembling products.
- Assist team in achieving plant and departmental goals.
- Assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement.
- an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- Cross train in various assembly areas while providing work coverage as needed.
- Use hand and power tools to complete assemblies and sub assemblies.
- Solder parts as needed.
- Perform duties as required.
- Work overtime as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates in the immediate geographical area (60 mile radius) of Youngsville, NC will be considered.
- Needs to be able to lift/push 30-45 lbs several times a day.
- Must be able to frequently stand or bend during the assembly process.
- Must be able to travel an approximate distance of 15 miles from work location to neighboring Raleigh Area Plants.
- Ability to distinguish colored wiring required.
- Working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to read and interpret standard operating procedures.
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime.
- Problem solving and conflict management ability.
- Good functional/technical skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Previous experience with standard operating procedures preferred.
- Previous experience with product electrical assembly, maintenance and/or repair.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility preferred.
- Soldering experience preferred.
- Basic working knowledge and experience with computers.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.