Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The assembler III in the Santa Rosa Area works under the direction of standard products supervisor and planner.
The planner schedules the work for each area and the assembler II carries out the work as scheduled following the production orders assigned each day.
Production orders must be checked for accuracy and proper revision dates by matching up with the appropriate blue prints.
Conducts pressure and water tests up to 4,500 psi. assures quality and type of components by checking tolerances, rate of rise, and electrical against proper specifications.
Job duties involve production of a multitude of parts (many of which are low volume production items and are scheduled infrequently).
Keeping and recording various records and 100% inspection forms according to ESTP, ESMP, ESRP, ESQP books.
The assembler II will file government records, production orders, and must be able to obtain/maintain a Tyco forklift operator license.
Comply with the following health and safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know their duties in case of emergency
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
Comply with the following environmental duties as a condition of employment:
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
1. Assemblies various parts following the weekly schedules for each area by using the production orders, work instructions and prints. Verifies that prints and production orders match, and all parts being used meet the specifications called out.
2. Assembles a large variety of control components such actuators, time delays, pressure switches, detectors, various types and sizes of check valves and directional valves pneumatic and electrical actuation devices. Uses a variety of sealants such as Loc-Tite and pipe dope, and a variety of greases and lubricants. Assembly of some parts that do not have fixtures requires some degree of ingenuity on the assembler's part.
3. Must have knowledge and skill to operate machines such as but not limited to saws, grinders, drill press, multi-press, hand presses, spot welder, or a roll, Uses a wide variety of hand tools including torque wrenches, air wrenches, impact wrenches, hand grinders, drills, and including standard hand tools. All set-ups require cross reference with tool book (T- numbers) to locate proper fixtures for jobs.
4. Performs routine test including water bath, leak testing of CO2 and Inergen cylinders, and hydrostatic testing of valves and hoses using CO2 and Nitrogen with pressures up to 6000 PSI. Air and nitrogen testing of valves and time delays, electrical continuity and voltage integrity of pressure switches and actuators.
5. Needs to be trained to operate a lift truck to move material when needed.
6. Requires judgment to plan and perform work, make decisions as to the sequence of set-ups, operations, processes and quality within the limitations of recognized UL/FM, government, and Ansul standards. An average of thirty (30) with up to one hundred (100) may be on a print.
7. Responsible for the safe operation of tools and machinery while performing daily tasks. Responsible for the safety of other working in the area while performing daily tasks. Responsible monitoring the safety of others around and reporting unsafe acts or conditions to supervision immediately as noticed.
Vacations approved in your current department do not carry over to your new department.
Interested employees may apply for this position by going to https://tyco.taleo.net/careersection/internal/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en and entering the job title in the key words search and search jobs.
We are currently working towards all interested applicants applying online, but until we have all the technology available to all associates we will continue to accept paper applications.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.