Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Description
Disassembles and prepares product for assembly, repair and testing. Performs electrical-mechanical assembly/repair/rework/testing using hand and power tools,fixtures and aids. Follows documented work instructions. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications for this role
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety requirements including Electro Static Discharge (ESD).
- Performs electro-mechanical assembly/repair/rework/testing while maintaining quality workmanship standards to ensure product reliability.
- Performs tasks involving the use of a variety of hand and power tools, fixtures and aids.
- May be required to set up and operate equipment (ex. tube-cutter, crimp machine, sanitization
- machine test machine, fixtures, pallet jack, etc.).
- Trains lesser skilled employees.
- Follows all applicable released procedures and documents results as required.
- Capable of performing tasks and rotating into all of the prep/assembly/repair/test stations.
Education and Experience
- Basic computer and math skills required.
- Ability to read diagrams, drawings and follow work instructions within established guidelines.
- Must be able to lift up to 38 lbs on a routine basis.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
At least 3 years of related experience required. A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day. Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.