Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Assembler III in the Santa Rosa Area works under the direction of standard products supervisor and planner. The planner schedules the work for each area and the assembler III carries out the work as scheduled following the production orders assigned each day. Production orders must be checked for accuracy and proper revision dates by matching up with the appropriate blue prints. Conducts pressure and water tests up to 6,000 psi., assures quality and type of components by checking tolerances, rate of rise, and electrical against proper specifications. Job duties involve production of a multitude of parts (many of which are low volume production items and are scheduled infrequently). Keeping and recording various records and 100% inspection forms according to ESTP, ESMP, ESRP, ESQP books. The assembler III will file government records, production orders, and must be able to obtain/maintain a Tyco forklift operator license.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Ask questions if something isn't known
• Must immediately shut down production and report safety or quality concern(s) to a supervisor, group leader, engineer, EHS or Quality representative.
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
• Mentor others who are acting unsafely. Report unsafe acts to any supervisor, group leader, EHS representative or manager.
• Must follow Lock-out / Tag- out procedures and policies as applicable.
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Recognize and manage hazardous and non-hazardous wastes in your area.
• Know where air make up shut off locations are located in B29.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Maintain established housekeeping goals (4.75 or above) by following 5s guidelines to insure a neat and orderly work area is maintained throughout your shift.
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. Must be able to read write and understand simple math, have knowledge of electronics, and blueprint reading (approx. 1900 prints in this department). Must be able follow work instructions, quality manuals and procedures to assemble a wide variety of parts. Must be capable of documenting or logging key items when required by production order, print, or work instructions. Must be able to work with a wide variety of tools including but not limited to torque wrenches, drills and multi-press. Must also deal with high and low pressure testing hydro testing and gas testing, electrical testing, and be able to work with a variety of electrical and mechanical meters and gauges. May be required to lift items over 35 pounds, standing over 50% of the time.
1. Assemblies various parts following the weekly schedules for each area by using the production orders, work instructions and prints. Verifies that prints and production orders match, and all parts being used meet the specifications called out.
2. Assembles a large variety of control components such actuators, time delays, pressure switches, detectors, various types and sizes of check valves and directional valves pneumatic and electrical actuation devices. Uses a variety of sealants such as Loc-Tite and pipe dope, and a variety of greases and lubricants. Assembly of some parts that do not have fixtures requires some degree of ingenuity on the assembler's part.
3. Must have knowledge and skill to operate machines such as but not limited to saws, grinders, drill press, multi-press,laser etcher, mass spectrometer, hand presses, spot welder, roll presses, as well as a wide variety of hand tools including torque wrenches, air wrenches, impact wrenches, hand grinders, drills, and including standard hand tools. All set-ups require cross reference with tool book (T- numbers) to locate proper fixtures for jobs.
4. Performs routine test including water bath, leak testing of CO2 and Inergen cylinders, and hydrostatic testing of valves and hoses using CO2 and Nitrogen with pressures up to 6000 PSI. Air and nitrogen testing of valves and time delays, electrical continuity and voltage integrity of pressure switches and actuators.
5. Needs to be trained to operate a lift truck to move material when needed.
6. Requires judgment to plan and perform work, make decisions as to the sequence of set-ups, operations, processes and quality within the limitations of recognized UL/FM, government, and Ansul standards. An average of thirty (30) with up to one hundred (100) may be on a print.
7. Responsible for the safe operation of tools and machinery while performing daily tasks. Responsible for the safety of other working in the area while performing daily tasks. Responsible monitoring the safety of others around and reporting unsafe acts or conditions to supervision immediately as noticed.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.