Eaton Corporation, the Aerospace Group is currently recruiting for an Assembler IV on 1st shift to work in our Irvine, CA location.
This role is responsible for the assembly of complex parts that requires attention to detail following verbal instructions, blueprints, sketches and assembly drawings, perform diversified mechanical bench or floor assembly operations to assemble intricate or larger and critical products to close tolerances making modifications for precision fitting and aligning. This position works closely with Engineering on new product development, identify fixtures needed to support production. May assist Manufacturing Engineering on operation sketches on first time builds. Responsible for assembling hydraulic, pneumatic and / or electronic components as specified in applicable documents with little or no supervision.
- Perform diversified mechanical bench or floor assembly operations to assemble intricate or large and critical products to close tolerance on Aerospace valves and pumps
- May make modifications on parts and do precision fitting and aligning to insure free action of movable parts and operation requirements
- Exhibit sufficient understanding of the functional operation of items assembled to determine work ability of the completed assembly
- Perform assembly rework and solder electrical connections
- Work cycle is normally long and non-repetitive
- Work from verbal instructions, blueprints, sketches and complex assembly drawings
- Use a variety of precision measuring instruments and gauging devices
- Use assembly fixtures and power-type bench and hand tools
- Utilize a high degree of skill and assembling technique, plus considerable experience and knowledge of design and basic mechanical principles
- Perform tasks with minimum supervision
- Inspect completed assemblies to ensure compliance to blueprint requirements
- Cross train other employees; fill out PCR’s and ECR’s
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Perform Lean Initiatives including Continuous Improvement
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in assembly
- Experience in mechanical and electrical Aerospace field
- Able to read, follow and understand blueprints
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applications must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee).
- Communicate effectively and work well in a team environment
- Ability to work from written instructions such as blueprints or other work instructions
- Ability to solder, experience working in manufacturing
- Ability to Lock wire and safety wire per Aerospace standards
- Experience with inspection tools such as calipers, depth mic, micrometers, high gauges, etc.
- Basic Knowledge of math skills i.e. addition, subtraction, etc.
- Basic Knowledge in using test equipment i.e. pressure gauges, ohm meters, push pull scales, etc.
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Previous work experience within an Aerospace and/or Manufacturing environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.