Assembly Fabricator Apprentice
Assembly Fabricator Apprentice
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
An Extraordinary Cummins Fabrication Technician...
• Focuses on a high level of customer service and communications, specifically within the team!
• Looks to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training.
• Readily adapts to a changing work environment and work assignments.
Skills and Experience Required:
This position has safety, customer satisfaction, and business responsibilities within branch operations. The person in this role is responsible for fabrication welding, enclosure processing after paint, keeping the shop clean and general shop maintenance, helping with recycling and inspection documents.
• This job will require: The packaging center fabricates large metal enclosures. This role requires varying use of welders, cutters, various insulation, installation of perforated steel, expanded metal and safe handling of same, the ability to proficiently use a tape measure and various hand tools such as drills, installing large exhaust systems inside the enclosure.
• Must be able to work as a team and focus on delivery goals- must complete projects in the expected time.
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment; keeping the shop clean, including using the fork lift to take trash to the dumpster. Also to include general shop maintenance such as inspecting extension cords, replacing air lines- general maintenance- frequent sweeping and organizing.
• May require working at heights on the roof to install roof coating with paint rollers and the use of fall protection.
• Follow all safety requirements diligently
• Must be able to remain standing (work) on concrete floor upwards of 20 hours per week
• Must be dependable, motivated and accountable
• Must be able to wear a respirator and/or dust mask and comfortable wearing hearing protection
• Uphold the policies and mission statement of Cummins
• Interact in a professional manner with customers, vendors and co-workers at all levels of business
• Ability to make decisions in a professional business manner
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with dealers, customers, management, and co-workers.
• Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and fully participate in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
• Actively participate daily in the company and department safety agenda- learn and know the Job Safety Assessment process
• Maintain adequate personal tooling to perform assigned tasks.
• To prevent burns and eye injuries, you must wear protective clothes, shoes, hood, glasses
• Respond to all customer requests courteously and professionally, in a timely and responsive manner.
• Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all times, meeting all Company standards for professional appearance.
• Maintain company and product confidentiality.
• Attend and participate in all meetings, training, and activities as required.
• Stay current on new techniques relevant to the work being performed; achieve and maintain technical competency.
• Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
• This position requires following instruction of team leaders, standard safety procedures, and dependability.
• All other duties as required.
• High School Diploma, GED, work experience or vocational tech training enrolled
• Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
• If selected, candidates must consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with this Company's competitors, customers, or suppliers.
• Due to the manufacturing nature of this opening, all applicants must be 16 years of age
• Trained in use of applicable Forklift if requested
• Cutting and handling of sheet metal and galvanized perforated steel
• Cutting and handling of various types of insulation
• Ability and/or willingness to learn MIG welding and fabricating
• Must be able to wear a respirator and/or dust mask
• Must be comfortable working on ladders or scaffolds- must be comfortable wearing fall protection and all PPE.
• Must be willing to work long or unusual hours - overtime and Saturdays when required.
• Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to follow Company procedures and standard operating procedures.
• Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and have a positive attitude.
• Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within deadlines.
• Must be willing to work indoors, but sometimes outdoors in all kinds of weather.
• Must be able to work well independently or with others in a team environment.
• Must have a record of good attendance and performance at prior jobs.
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company vehicle, including but not limited to:
o Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside
o Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance
o No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
o No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
o No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently; may require pushing and pulling of metals and materials weighing 50 pounds.
• Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time
• Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, and Protective Footwear as required.
Key words: auto body, painter, welder, metal prep, layout
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins