Eaton in Shawnee, OK is seeking a full-time Assembly Kitter individual to work 3rd shift. This individual will perform procedures necessary to ensure compliance with the Eaton MESH initiative and ensure the personal safety of the incumbent and his/her associates including eye safety, hearing conservation, machine safety guards, ergonomic movement, lock out/tag out, MSDS procedures, and OHSA regulations.
- Champion ELS, EBS, EQS and other Eaton Corporation activities, policies and programs.
- Assist the Supervisor in effectively planning and managing the organization and utilization of people, technology and materials.
- Communicate with peers, area supervisor, and area engineer to ensure a quality product and internal/external Customer satisfaction.
- Perform all assembly related kitting duties Including (but not limited to):
- Check Lines for kitted Orders.
- Ensure correct components and quantity have been kitted and staged in assembly area prior to order execution.
- Ensure proper Order sequence.
- Consolidate tubs, bins, and basket etc. as needed.
- Stocking of packaging materials.
- Verify all routing sheets, ATS specifications, and operating instructions, assembly/test instructions, understood and utilized to properly assemble and test hydraulic motors.
- Properly select and assemble a variety of parts involving the pressing of bearings, fitting and alignment of shafts, seating seals, spacers, and retainers.
- Visually inspect parts for defects and adjust/ align parts for proper fit as needed.
- Properly use and maintain all gauging and assembly equipment.
- Move materials, as necessary, using forklift or other material-handling devices.
- Perform audits on each shift to ensure achievement of 5-S requirements.
- Actively pursue self-development activities (i.e. course work, certification, continuing education, additional training, etc.)
- Assist in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing departmental and plant goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Meet standards as communicated by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- 1 year of Eaton experience, or
- 2 years manufacturing experience along with experience and/or training in implementing and/or supporting the implementation of a majority of the Eaton Lean System elements (5-S, set-up reduction, TPM, etc.) .
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Shawnee, OK will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Demonstrated leadership competencies including ability to:
- Demonstrate managerial courage (at all levels)
- Facilitate and lead teams
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Champion change
- Present issues and programs in front of various sized groups (i.e. plant wide meetings, leadership meetings)
- Possess competencies to direct and influence others without formal leadership authority
- Possess office skills (or the ability to learn) computer data management skills (able to create spreadsheets and enter data accurately) and a basic understanding of how to properly use Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively with minimal supervision in a high involvement, team oriented work atmosphere, effectively supporting the work activities of employees and supervisor.
- Demonstrate basic mechanical aptitude and understanding of assembly terminology.
- Ability to read, understand and effectively apply information contained in all applicable documents such as operating instructions, dimensional sheets and/or blueprints (including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing).
- Prior history of satisfactory operation of mechanized material handling devices such as fork truck and scissor lift and/or willingness and ability to complete and pass training/licensing course within first week in this classification.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and any shift as needed
- Ability to stand, sit and/or walk on a hard surface as well as safely bend, stoop, reach, climb steps and use ladder up to 8 hours per day, occasionally up to 12 hours per day.
- Lift 35 pounds frequently and occasionally 50 pounds or more.
- Vision abilities required: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Vision to accurately read all related distribution documents and computer monitor screens.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.