GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Surface
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gasfuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today's toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a "fullstream" company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge - the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today's era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge - the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry's changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We're at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to
fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter@GE_OilandGas.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Support Shop Assembly and Disassembly area, to assist with flawless production and meet qual.
In the role of Assembly Tech you will:
* Shop support/assistant is responsible for all assigned aspects of the production process, including: Equipment handling and equipment preparation, equipment disassembly, assembling, painting, staging and various support activities
* The Shop Assembly Support Assistant position duties and responsibilities can change regularly based on the plants need
* Work under the guidance of Supervisor/Team Lead to perform and complete the assigned duties in timely manner
* Produce the required quantity in the highest quality minimizing flaws in the process, help complete product steps to obtain a finish product following all prescribed requirements and procedures
* Enhance operational efficiency and safety by supporting the different assigned job task
* Verify that assembled components meet GE Oil & Gas Pressure Control quality guidelines
* Keep equipment in well working condition - perform scheduled maintenance
* Keep all working areas safe and free of debris and oil
* Comply with all EHS requirements
* High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
* Minimum 1 year of experience with mechanical or in a shop support role
* Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
* Ability and willingness to work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
* Ability and willingness to be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
* Ability and willingness to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Ability and willingness to be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Basic computer skills
* Self-motivated and team player
* Prior testing, assembly, or electrical experience
* Previous experience in the Oil industry
* Mechanically inclined
* Knowledge of hand tools / air tools
* Previous Manufacturing experience
* Strong problem solving skills
GE looks for innovation everywhere.For 130 years, GE has been at the forefront of innovation, but finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the solution! Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Start your career on the right path.Join our results-oriented team at GE Oil & Gas today!
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.