Eaton in Searcy, AR is seeking a full-time Assembly Technician to work second shift. Primary Responsibility: To ensure all products are assembled in accordance to standard work. It is the assemblers responsibility to ensure that all work meets print specifications.
- Maintain standard work and keep up with ISO standards
- Responsible for assembly of mechanical components.
- Make decisions as to acceptable quality, determine reasons for rejects and malfunctions, and recommend methods of correcting such deviations
- Responsible for assembly area cleanliness to meet 6S standards.
- Apply prescribed inspection methods and standardized to determine performance quality and operational reliability
- Maintain inventory accuracy by tracking all material transfers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Searcy, AR will be considered
- Minimum of 6 months manufacturing or assembly experience
- Lean manufacturing/process improvement experience
- Direct assembly experience.
- Familiarity with hydraulic products
- Ability to work with complex drawings and specifications
- Ability to use a wide variety of precision standard and special measuring instruments and testing devices or standard electrical testing units and combinations
- Ability to work from assembly drawings and specifications
- Ability to interact and participate in a team driven culture
- Development and continuous improvement of standard work instructions
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.