Parkridge Valley Hospital - Chattanooga, TN Registered Nurse (RN) - Assessment - Respond-PRN Parkridge Valley
offers the most comprehensive mental health and chemical dependency services in the region. With programs available for children, adolescents and adults, services are provided with a variety of treatment options to best accommodate the individual patient- from inpatient care, to partial hospitalization to intensive outpatient care. Parkridge Valley Child & Adolescent Campus
is a 108 bed facility with 84 beds being acute and sub-acute and 24 beds dedicated to our Residential Treatment Center which is a center for children in state custody. Parkridge Valley
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Assessment - Respond
for our Child and Adolescent Campus Responsibilities:
- Performs initial and on-going physical and psychosocial assessment according to accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient.
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients.
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises nursing plan of care as needed.
- Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- TN RN license required.
- Qualified by education and experience in the care of psychiatric patients.
- Minimum of 5 years clinical and or management experience in a hospital setting.
- Graduate of an accredited RN program required.
- Must complete BLS and CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) Certification within 6 months of hire