Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters, managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure, and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability.
We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Global Datacenter Operations (GDCO) Group! The GDCO Inventory and Asset Management Standards team designs operational solutions to manage physical datacenter assets, on-site inventory, and the secure destruction of Data Bearing Devices (DBDs). As a Global Inventory and Asset Program Manager you will design, test and deploy on-site DBD destruction equipment solutions into datacenters across the globe. You will also create the vision for the GDCO Equipment and Vehicle program including engineering new equipment solutions and standards for Safe Rack and DBD secure bin movement. In addition, you will partner with GDCO Environmental, Health and Safety and other GDCO teams to identify and qualify new, automated DBD destruction solutions to meet changing demands and operating models.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• On-Site DBD Destruction Program
o Manage current state program including defining equipment maintenance methods, staffing models and associated SLAs.
o Define the vision for future state program to include engineering multiple destruction equipment solution and operating models.
o Develop a budget model that supports a constantly changing decommission demand forecast.
• GDCO Equipment and Vehicle Program
o Define operating models and consolidated supplier sourcing strategy.
o Design new equipment solutions and deploy in accordance with a transparent, centralized management strategy.
• Design future state equipment solutions and participate in design and test planning pilots and reviews.
• 5 years experience working in a business operations environment
• Prior datacenter and/or IT Asset Management experience, required
• Experience with DBD destruction solution design, implementation and support, preferred
• Ability to partner closely with a variety of stakeholders to collaborate for impact
• Strong project management skills including ability to simultaneously lead multiple, complex projects
• Proven analytical skillset in the context of demand forecasting and management
• Ability to provide thought leadership and clearly communicate future state strategic direction
• Balance competing demands for resources and adapt to changing priorities
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineering background, preferred
• BS/BA or equivalent experience, preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, natural origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.