Asset Class Product Specialist
Company: State Street
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posted: February 19, 2017
Reference ID: 153840
We are looking for a product developer to build new and manage existing SPDR ETFs for State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) in our Boston Massachusetts office. You will join a dynamic ambitious team of ETF and product professionals looking to grow the SPDR ETF business and bring market-leading solutions to our clients.
You will need to collaborate with colleagues in senior management sales investment and other teams from across the organization to drive our new product agenda. The role requires energy excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; we want you to develop a deep understanding of the needs of clients the opportunities in the market and how best to respond to both of these with SSGA's investment capabilities.
What we will ask you to do:
• Lead the development and design of SPDR ETFs for the U.S. market becoming an expert for colleagues and clients.
• Look after the existing range of ETFs; analyze - and where appropriate adjust - their pricing positioning and operating models to ensure they remain market-leading products.
• Contribute to product strategy develop business cases design product features and co-ordinate launches. Communicate clearly with colleagues throughout this process.
• Build strong positive relationships with key external and internal clients.
• Supply market research competitive information and business metrics to identify trends and potential new product opportunities for the organization.
• Manage risk effectively by acknowledging understanding mitigating and/or eliminating it. Understand how important the effective management of risk is to SSGA and SPDR ETFs and how excellence in governance can lead to better products.
• Maintain the highest possible fiduciary standards.
• Think creatively and make recommendations to improve and build our business; support your ideas with well-researched fact-based analysis.
• Produce key management reports to support a strong governance process and ensure accountability for the product team.
What we would like you to be:
• Experienced across the full lifecycle of product development from strategy to implementation
• Knowledgeable about varying asset classes and comfortable working quantitatively
• Confident in your understanding of investment management regulatory tax and operational issues and how they relate to product design and commercial success
• Excellent using tools such as Bloomberg Excel Morningstar and Zephyr
• A good problem solver and trouble-shooter with the ability to identify and analyze issues and the energy to solve them
• A great relationship-builder across all levels of seniority and all types of team
• Persuasive and articulate in presenting complex ideas simply
• Previous experience with ETFs is desirable but not necessary
Who you are:
• You are bright curious and naturally dissatisfied with an outdated status quo
• You want to work in a diverse multi-cultural environment and have fun while doing so
• You are motivated and driven to deliver the best possible result to clients
Education & Qualifications:
Good quality degree in Finance Economics STEM or similar field. MBA or CFA a plus.