The position will be responsible for the daily production support of middle office clients with a primary focus on the client's referential data including security master and pricing. The position provides daily production support for the client's trading process including initial equity and fixed income security setup security valuation mortgage factor and variable rate maintenance and general security master file integrity.
The position will interface daily with the client's trade desk personnel portfolio management and portfolio accounting teams as well as multiple teams within the organization to ensure that all data elements are maintained in an accurate and in a timely manner.
Position will interact and provide support to numerous teams and departments within the organization including Trade Settlement Corporate Actions Portfolio Control and Business Support and has daily SLAs that must be met in order to support the client's middle office services.JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Complete the day to day responsibilities of the team within a strong risk management and controlled environment while eliminating risk incidents and errors.
Assist in the review and verification of the staff's work on a daily basis enforcing stringent procedures and controls.
Perform an oversight function for the Shared Services functions identifying operational trends issues and areas for improvement
Assist in the resolution of issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset Servicing Trade Operations Account Transitions)
Act as instructed by client. Conduct high-level analysis in specific areas of expertise identify and resolve work-processing issues make suggestions to streamline operations.
Research routine issues and inquiries. Resolve discrepancies and take action on routine matters and inquiries from external clients and internal departments.
Make proactive recommendations and solutions for problem resolution.
Liaise with colleagues within the Berwyn London Australia and India SSC offices and divisions globally where required for query resolution
Act as the point at which relevant client queries relating to the Recordkeeping system and client file deliveries are tracked with proactive management to ensure timely response and resolution
Ad-hoc reporting including daily weekly and monthly metrics.SCOPE DIFFERENTIATON:
Performs work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures and analyzes and recommends solutions to complex and non-routine issues and special projects. Develops processes procedures and controls. Handles regular independent interaction with client contacts.
Focus of job on performing complex tasks and providing business and technical expertise in support of multiple clients. Acts as an advisor to other areas of the organization.
Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution. Qualifications:
- \t\tBachelor's degree with emphasis in finance accounting or technology orequivalent work experience in finance or accounting.\t
- \t\tDetailed understanding of the asset management industry gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines including detailed knowledge on all types of financial instruments\t
- \t\tDetailed understanding of standards methodologies processes systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.\t
- \t\tExcellent analytical skills and ability to analyze on the spot.\t
- \t\tGood team working skills.\t
- \t\tStrong writing communication and presentation skills to audiences (internal and external) of different sizes and levels of seniority.\t
- \t\tMust be self-motivated adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.\t
- \t\tPC literate - Word Excel and Access skills necessary.
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.