At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need an Asset Management Fund Associate who will assist in overseeing the compliance and reporting activity required under fund agreements with our investor partners and who will provide commercial and technical expertise for Vivint Solar's own investments into the funds through which we own our solar systems. The Asset Management Fund Associate works closely with the Capital Markets, Operations, Accounting, Finance, and Customer Experience departments to ensure proper performance, administration and compliance of Vivint Solar's tax equity funds. We are looking for an individual who can work closely and build relationships with investors to specific funds where they are assigned. Vivint Solar currently owns over 575 MWs of solar systems with over 84,000 customers and will continue to grow into the future.
You'll change the world by...
- Understand inverted lease and partnership flip Tax Equity structures and develop expertise with all terms in investor agreements
- Comply with all Investor monitoring and reporting requirements under fund documents
- Assist in overseeing, validating and tracking all fund-related cash movement
- Work with accounting and finance groups to calculate fund-related fees and expenses
- Provide ad-hoc fund performance and financial analyses as required
- Work with Accounting and Finance to define and identify accounting, tax preparation, account service and all other costs associated with fund operations and implement allocation of these costs to funds
- Create and utilize tools to provide analytics related to fund performance
- Work with management and general counsel for all amendments, consents, waivers
- Assist in solving complex issues in areas where no precedent exists
- Assist in maintenance reporting procedures to ensure receipt of required investor reporting information
- Track Asset Management reporting and payment activity and report fund compliance to leadership
- Assist in due diligence process with management and investors regarding issues related to Asset Management
- Provide Capital Markets team with actual revenue, expense and production information to refine financial models
- Coordinate accounting activity ensuring timely delivery of accrual amounts and information
- Work with IT to ensure timely receipt of all reporting data
You'll do that with your...
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively within team framework
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to establish relationships with a variety of people, both internal and external to the company
- Highly developed analytical skills including the ability to create complex spreadsheets providing financial and fund performance analyses
- General familiarity with GAAP, financial statements and tax/accrual accounting practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate across organizations
- Advanced knowledge of Excel; proficient with Word and PowerPoint
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or similar quantitative field
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in energy, preferably renewable energy, at either an investment bank, consulting firm, or in the project finance department of a Power company, preferred
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.