Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Convent Station
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We’re on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Treasury & ALM
General Account ALM – Asset Modeling
Reporting to the Head of Asset Modeling, this position at Brighthouse Financial is responsible for supporting the asset modeling efforts within the General Account Asset/Liability Management (ALM) team. The Asset Modeling team is responsible for projecting future asset cash flows and values and is responsible for collaborating with senior officers from Actuarial, Finance, the Lines of Business, Investments, and other areas to develop an understanding of invested assets and influence investment strategy, primarily through the ALM Committee structure, as well as assessing the appropriate economic and statutory capital requirements associated with market risk. This position is also responsible for assisting with evaluation of hedging strategies.
Reports to: Head of Asset Modeling
Direct Reports: N/A
Other Key Stakeholders: Treasurer, Management Team, Lines of Business, Actuarial, Investments, Finance, Risk, Auditors, and Regulators
- Work with General Account ALM and Investments teams to monitor and analyze medium/long-term investment strategies and near-term portfolio repositioning to optimize the company's risk/return profile from a Strategic or Tactical Asset Allocation perspective
- Work with General Account ALM and Investments teams to evaluate hedging impacts of derivative instruments implemented as a principal strategy or an overlay to any new or existing portfolio
- Perform sensitivity analysis on results from Strategic and Tactical Asset Allocation and hedging work to reasonable alternate asset, liability, and economic assumptions in order to ensure optimal strategies are selected
- Deploy and operate state-of-the-art asset modeling systems for projection of cash flow and income from investment and derivative portfolios for use in ALM, Treasury, Actuarial, and Finance processes
- Practice sound governance around decision making and implementation of asset modeling tools in a centralized, efficient framework
- Maintain a database of historical data and update model parameters and constraints to recommend alternative optimum asset allocations across major asset classes, subclasses and exposures
- Generate asset projections in support of liquidity management
- Generate asset projections in support of cash flow testing, risk based capital, valuation, and loss recognition
- Calculate income/yield projections in support of financial forecasting process
- Work with Investments on day-to-day implementation of asset allocations for portfolios
- Work with other General Account and Variable Annuity ALM team members to coordinate enterprise reporting and develop a consistent view of ALM outputs and assist with related efforts from broader Treasury, Actuarial, Finance, and Risk groups
- Provide analytical support to ALM committees to assess success of the Strategic/Tactical Asset Allocation and hedging portfolios from investment performance and business perspectives
- Support completion and timely delivery of materials for quarterly Board meetings
- Monitor industry best practices, including practitioner and academic research, related to asset allocation to better inform the ALM and investment processes
- Support internal Treasury & ALM initiatives
- Perform other related activities as required
- 3 - 5 years of experience with increasing responsibilities in an asset modeling, investment or actuarial function
- Knowledge of asset and derivative modeling techniques
- Experience with asset modeling software such as Kamakura Risk Manager, BondEdge, FactSet, Bloomberg, Intex, Aladdin, etc.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in life insurance industry with focus on ALM and financial modeling concepts is preferred
- Fixed incoming asset modeling and interest rate hedging techniques
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Must have strong ability to make decisions; ability to consider multiple aspects while making business decisions
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Fellow of Society of Actuaries (FSA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or other related advanced degrees is a plus
Brighthouse Financial is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is Brighthouse Financial's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Brighthouse Financial is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete an employment application, please contact our Employee Relations Department at 1-866-635-9230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All other unrelated inquires will not be acknowledged.
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.