Job Description: The primary purpose of the Asset Protection Agent is to protect company and store assets by enforcing loss prevention policies and procedures and providing friendly customer service. The Asset Protection Agent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The Asset Protection Agent is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Observe, investigate and detain for authorities individuals that commit criminal acts in assigned store location(s).
- Assist in executing various company programs including but not limited to: Product Protection, Replenishment & Backroom Disciplines, Back Door Seal, Quantity Control, G.E.T., Bagcheck program, Guardianship, Vendor Control and new initiatives as they relate to company initiatives.
- Prevent internal and external (shoplifting/theft) losses by coaching and providing feedback to store associates on executing internal controls and creating/executing external theft strategies and tactics.
- Assisting in maintaining the physical security of the assigned store(s) to include but not limited to auditing alarms, close circuit television (CCTV), locks, lighting, exterior of premises and other physical control tactics.
- Conduct Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) audits, maintain log book and react to EAS activation when dressed in team attire.
- Assist Asset Protection District Manager (APDM), store manager, or other field/corporate management with internal investigations and other special investigations as necessary.
- Assist with completing Shrink Visit Guides (SVGs).
- Assist with adherence of Food Safety and Sanitation practices.
- Monitor vestibule and sidewalk keeping them clutter free to reduce fines and general liability claims. (APA assigned to NYC locations). As well as Assist business partners in identifying safety hazards in compliance with OSHA guidelines.
- Assist with monitoring DC shipment procedures to ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and protection of company assets.
- Assist in the training of store associates on company policies and procedures as well as shrink management tactics while maintaining the Shrink Awareness Board as directed by Asset Protection District Manager.
- Assist with receiving DSD shipments, credits and auditing store DSD practices as directed by Asset Protection District Manager.
- Review and audit Point of Sale (POS) transactions as directed by Asset Protection District Manager.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
Experience / Requirements: The following qualities are required of the Asset Protection Agent:
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work extended days on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work day or evening hours.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
The following qualities are helpful:
- Ten-key punch speed of 4,000 SPH.
- Typing speed of 40 WPM.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft ® Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Ability to read, write, and/or speak English.
: Products, software, and systems listed above are registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations This position requires a valid driver's license for business travel when applicable.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus one (1) year experience in customer service related business or retail, an Associate's degree (AA) is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A little about us:
We create caring moments by delivering what matters most to our customers.