The Asset Protection Coordinator (“APC”) is primarily responsible for preventing and deterring theft and limiting the loss of Company assets/products in the store(s) to which he or she is assigned, through provision of attentive customer service and the effective implementation of other loss prevention programs and strategies. While the APC reports directly to a Store Manager (“SM”), he or she will also work closely with the Asset Protection and Analytics Department to understand and implement loss prevention programs and strategies with the assigned store(s). The APC also gathers information and provides feedback about theft and loss within the store(s), and suggests changes to improve the effectiveness of the Company’s loss prevention programs and strategies.
This is not a covert/undercover position; the APC wears a CVS uniform to be immediately identifiable as a CVS colleague.
• Provides attentive, friendly customer service. Greets all customers, provides answers to general customer questions, and assists with opening and securing locked shelves and showcases per customer requests.
• Moves throughout the store to monitor assigned store(s) for activity that causes the loss of CVS Pharmacy assets/products. Communicates with Store Management about observations and asks Store Management for guidance/assistance if theft is suspected. Does not apprehend suspected shoplifters.
• Contributes to the execution of Store Shrink Action Plan through execution and follow-up of internal, external, and operations components of the plan.
• Inspects high-risk categories and assets/products regularly to detect and deter theft activity.
• Ensures use of approved asset/product protection equipment and the security labeling program.
• Conducts colleague and vendor bag checks per company guidelines.
• Prepares reports as requested by management, including reports of theft incidents, as well as other significant events and activities related to loss prevention. Document the completion of projects, tasks and incidents through daily and/or weekly reports, as requested by management.Required Qualifications: Physical abilities to support the essential functions of the role as listed above, such as able to stand and/or move throughout the store for the majority of work time in order to provide excellent customer service and conduct effective loss prevention monitoring. Able to stoop, knell or crouch, and able to reach or grasp objects, including objects on lower shelves. Able to perform duties requiring manual dexterity, including but not limited to: applying security tags, and using keys to open and close locks.
· Excellent observational skills and able to recall and describe detailed facts. Able to see and hear in order to perform observational duties, including but not limited to: reading small print on labels, tags or containers.
· Able to engage and communicate well with customers and provide excellent customer service.
· Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Able to prepare and submit reports to management as requested. Able to communicate effectively with both direct manager, the SM, and the Asset Protection team.
· Work a flexible schedule that will include nights and weekends.
· Able to drive or travel between stores during the work day if assigned to multiple stores. Preferred Qualifications: Possess at least one (1) year experience in a customer-facing role within CVS Pharmacy or in a similar retail work environment or customer service setting. Education:
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.Business Overview:
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/