SUMMARY OF MAJOR FUNCTIONS:
1. Under general direction, assumes line responsibility and authority for the administrative direction, evaluation and coordination of the functions and activities of assigned departments within the hospital organization to ensure operating objectives and results are in accord with overall hospital needs.
2. In the absence of the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Executive Officer and/or as assigned, represents the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Executive Officer in the coordination of the entire or portions of the hospital organization, speaking and acting within the scope of objectives set forth in the practice and/or policy of the hospital. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides administrative direction for the operations of assigned departments (minimum of two) and appraises the performance of respective department heads, including authority to hire and dismiss subject to the approval of the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Executive Officer.
2. Communicates routinely with the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Executive Officer concerning policy recommendations and suggested courses of action pertinent to the efficient operation of assigned departments. Implements new policies and disseminates pertinent information following administrative directives.
3. Recommends improvement of hospital facilities in assigned areas, including construction of renovation of structures and purchase of new equipment.
4. Promotes complete involvement of department head in the preparation of the department's budget and educates them in the importance of the budget, forecasting and planning process. Advises and makes recommendations the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Executive Officer concerning budgeting, cost and financial matters.
5. Encourages and assists department heads in establishing a measure of performance, increased productivity, quality improvement, cost controls and maximum utilization of facilities. Advises Chief Operating Officer/Chief Executive Officer where executive action is necessary to accomplish these goals. Plans the activities of individual departments in relation to other hospital departments so as to obtain a better understanding of each other's problems.
6. Attends medical staff meetings and/or medical staff committee meetings as assigned or requested. Informs the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Executive Officer of proceedings at meetings attended and recommends action, as necessary. Represents the hospital by membership in related professional associations.
7. Performs other duties as assignedQualifications: EXPERIENCE & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to relocate
- Open to opportunities company-wide
- Division President approval
- Masters degree
- Completion of Residency, Fellowship or equivalent experience (or previous Assistant Administrator experience)
- Multi-department responsibilities-minimum two.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom