Airgas USA, LLC is hiring an Assistant Branch Manager in Appleton, Wisconsin! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States. Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Assistant Branch Manager provides day to day support to the Branch Manager with the critical issues of branch operation and profitability, including sales, sales growth, budgeting, gross margins, operating expenses, safety, customer service, inventory, equipment, building and vehicles, community relations, accounts receivable and resolution of personnel issues. ES SENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Required Education:
- Directly supervises two or more employees in the the day-to-day operations of the retail store including compliance, retail sales, warehousing and distribution. Supports both the scheduling and performance management efforts for retail store personnel.
- Participates in the execution of marketing plans to support the penetration of key market segments in collaboration with our Sales and Operations teams and outside vendors. Assists with sales promotional activities, merchandising and displays.
- Collaborates with outside sales to ensure order accuracy and properly scheduled customer deliveries.
- Assists with managing the branch inventory, daily hard goods inventory cycle counts and maintain showroom and warehouse appearance.
- Assists with managing all hard goods receiving and all dynamic deployment (hard goods inter-branch orders) for completion in a timely and daily. Participates in the annual/bi-annual physical hard goods inventory audits.
- Helps monitor SAP reports daily such as open order/delivery reports, billing and delivery block reports and open Purchase Order (PO) reports. Responsible for Daily Cash Reconciliation (DCR). Ensures daily completion and that all errors are addressed and bank deposits are initiated.
- Works with our hardware vendors to schedule and hold monthly vendor product training sessions.
- Oversees retail employee training in procedural areas such as following all Airgas Operating Standards and safety regulations.
- Works in partnership with corporate accounts receivable to manage branch credits and collections.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED. Advanced degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an industrial retail, inside sales, customer service and/or inventory control related position.
- One (1) year of prior supervisory and/or demonstrated leadership experience.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Leadership skills; Identifies requirements; allocates, and effectively uses information, personnel, time, and other resources necessary for goal accomplishment; establishes appropriate courses of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific goals; develops evaluation criteria and tracking systems for monitoring goal progress and accomplishment; and specifies objectives, schedules, and priorities.
- Math skills; Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
- Must be customer service oriented and able to interact in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with others in both favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of status of position. Accepts cultural diversity and establishes effective working relationships.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with others in a cross-functional team environment across the organization knowing who to engage to achieve results. Uses candor and sensitivity in their dealings with others.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented with the ability to complete handwritten compliance documentation neatly and accurately.
- Demonstrated planning skills.
- Takes ownership and creates solutions and enjoys working "hands-on" in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Employee may be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Employee may be required to transverse through office, warehouse and/or manufacturing locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Requires frequent use of computer and telephone.
- Employee will routinely be moving or transporting up to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 60 pounds.
- Primarily performs duties in an indoor office/production work environment.
- Occasionally may require outdoor environments in various seasonal weather conditions.
The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.