Airgas USA, LLC is hiring an Assistant Branch Manager in Roseville, MN! Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Assistant Branch Manager provides day to day responsibility for the critical issues of branch operation and profitability, including sales, sales growth, budgeting, gross margins, operating expenses, safety, customer service, inventory, equipment, building and vehicles, community relations, accounts receivable and resolution of personnel issues. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly manages the schedules and performance of two or more retail branch associates.
- Participates in the development and execution of marketing plans to support the penetration of key market segments in collaboration with our Sales and Operations teams and outside vendors.
- Coordinates sales promotional activities, merchandising and displays.
- Manages the day-to-day operations the retail store including compliance, retail sales, warehousing and distribution.
- Collaborates with outside sales to ensure order accuracy and properly scheduled customer deliveries.
- Manages branch inventory, daily hard goods inventory cycle counts and maintain showroom and warehouse appearance.
- Manages all hard goods receiving and all dynamic deployment (hard goods inter-branch orders) for completion in a timely and daily.
- Monitors SAP reports daily such as open order/delivery reports, billing and delivery block reports and open Purchase Order (PO) reports.
- Responsible for Daily Cash Reconciliation (DCR). Ensures daily completion and that all errors are addressed and bank deposits are initiated.
- Work with our hardware vendors to schedule and hold monthly vendor product training sessions.
- Oversee retail employee training in procedural areas such as following all Airgas Operating Standards and safety regulations.
- Leader/manager of annual/bi-annual physical hard goods inventories.
- Work with corporate accounts receivable to manage branch credits and collections.
- Other duties as assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or GED. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an industrial retail, inside sales, customer service and/or inventory control related position.
- One (1) year of prior supervisory experience.
- Leadership skills; Identifies requirements; allocates, and effectively uses information, personnel, time, and other resources necessary for goal accomplishment; establishes appropriate courses of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific goals; develops evaluation criteria and tracking systems for monitoring goal progress and accomplishment; and specifies objectives, schedules, and priorities.
- Math skills; Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
- Must be customer service oriented and able to interact in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with others in both favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of status of position. Accepts cultural diversity and establishes effective working relationships.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with others in a cross-functional team environment across the organization knowing who to engage to achieve results. Uses candor and sensitivity in their dealings with others.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented with the ability to complete handwritten compliance documentation neatly and accurately.
- Demonstrated planning skills.
- Takes ownership and creates solutions and enjoys working "hands-on" in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- SAP experience preferred.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability .