Dominion Hospital, the only freestanding mental health care facility in Northern Virginia, leads the region in short-term mental health services for children age 5-12, adolescents age 13-17 and adults age 18 and older, as well as therapeutic programs for eating disorders through our Reflections Eating Disorders Treatment Center.
The Clinical Assistant Manager
, as an integral part of the interdisciplinary treatment team will work in cooperation with other unit leaders to ensure overall quality and standards of patient care met. Responsibilities during the designated shift include but is not limited to; staffing, supervision, risk management, quality improvement, milieu management, shift coordination, interdepartmental communication, regulatory compliance and collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
- Attends treatment team
- Supervise unit staff, escalating issues to the unit director as appropriate.
- Act as an effective leader, patient advocate and role model.
- Delegate tasks appropriately
- Utilizes appropriate individual and group interventions within milieu for behavior management of patients.
- Complete and submit incident reports, code red forms; Code 6 and Blue forms with critiques.
- Take initiative to solve problems and recommend improvements
MSN highly preferred
Current Licensure as an RN in the Commonwealth of VA or other compact state
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers required.
3 plus years' experience in psychiatric nursing preferred.
3 plus years of management in a clinical setting
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom