Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why, after more than a decade, Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management and consulting.
Parallon's purpose is simple. We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Job Summary - The Assistant Controller manages the Accounting department, at the direction of the Controller, to ensure that it is providing effective and efficient service to the operating groups and other customers, that employees are fully supported, and that the group improves its performance. This individual is responsible for assisting the Controller with monitoring, analyzing, and reporting the performance and needs of all teams and groups within the center and other groups within a Shared Services organization for a billion dollar company in the service industry.
Supervisor - Controller
Supervises - Manager of Accounting
Duties (included but not limited to)
• Coordinates and supervise work performed by PAS Accounting staff that includes all aspects of financial statement preparation related to month end close as well as annual reporting for service center entities
• Coordinates and supervise work performed by PAS Accounting staff for agreed upon services adherent to client agreement for all financial statement matters
• Assists controller/CFO in preparation of annual budget and related analysis for service center ledgers
• Coordinate and supervise work related to processing and payment of accounts payable and ensuring adherence and compliance with HCA vendor relationship policies
• Select, train and evaluate performance of Accounting management and/or supervisors to ensure quality of service and technical expertise
• Ensures that policy & procedures are updated and maintained to reflect current work requirements for departments that report to Controller
• Assists Controller to ensure SOX requirements within the Accounting department scope are adhered to on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Ensure compliance with government reporting requirements, including tax reports and payments
• Prepare financial information and reports for management, government and other agencies
• Provide the PAS Controller and CFO with financial reports according to corporate policy
• Provide assistance to all management staff related to the performance of financial management matters
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, including utilizing proper punctuation and correct spelling; able to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, and Division and Group Executives.
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment, and direction of complex programs and processes
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Financial management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. If a desired applicant does not have a Bachelor's Degree, the requirement can be waived if they are currently in a Bachelor Degree program.
2-5 years Accounting experience preferred. Minimum 1 year supervisory experience required. Experience in healthcare provider finance operations (especially billing and collections) preferred
Physical Demands / Working Conditions- Requires prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping, walking and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports or other information. Requires lifting papers/boxes and pushing/pulling up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment or hospital setting. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
OSHA Category- The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom