Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
The Assistant Controller reports to the Controller having responsibilities over the following areas:
- Financial reporting
- Billing, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Cash receipts and bank account reconciliation
- Coordination of the general accounting function
- Journal entry posting
- Financial report generation on a monthly and annual basis
- Control of subsidiary ledgers
- Payment processing
- Support other regional accounts on an as needed basis
- Financial analysis
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in accounting or finance.
- A strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and reporting is required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to read and analyze a balance sheet and income statement.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in a General Ledger accounting position or equivalent experience within a Stadiums, Arena or Convention Center environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends) when needed.
- Some travel required.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.