Responsible for the implementation of Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) Costpoint redesign, conversion and integration of Accounting and Finance functions into Deltek Costpoint. Responsible to lead all financial accounting cycle activities and reporting functions. Support JCFS and its wholly-owned subsidiaries in federal regulation compliance with FAR, DFARS and CAS as well as handle interaction and reporting requirements with government auditors (DCAA). Support federal proposal pricing activity and develop price strategies to win new business and maximize profit opportunities. Be the expert on the Deltek Costpoint enterprise software application.
Location: Gaithersburg, MD office
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
1. Lead and manage the JCFS Costpoint database redesign effort to facilitate the integration of classified business from their respective ERP systems into Costpoint. Work closely with the consultants and other cross-functional teams to ensure successful implementation and migration, as well as training for all existing and new users.
2. Actively participate in the finance workstream to transition to the Costpoint ERP system. This will involve leading segments of the transition for specific functional areas. Understand and map existing processes at a detailed level, recommend new processes and lead the conversion and implementation into Costpoint.
3. Lead and manage the general ledger accounting and payroll functions for JCFS and subsidiaries to ensure compliance with GAAP and at maximum productivity levels.
4. Provide data for internal and external reporting requirements including associated financial analysis and QA of the data, and responding to all inquiries.
5. Be the consultant to JCFS and all JCI on the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR and DFAR) and Federal Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) including providing guidance and interpretation, and developing and implementing compliant processes and controls.
6. Lead the preparation and filing of the annual incurred cost submissions with DCAA.
7. Own and manage the indirect cost pools, rate development, allocation methodology, and the execution and analysis of monthly indirect allocations.
8. Interact with government DCAA auditors, as well as internal auditors, external auditors and corporate accounting.
9. Be the expert for the business on our Deltek Costpoint enterprise software. Provide consulting for any proposed changes or process issues. Key player in the 2017 JCFS Costpoint redesign and the integration of classified businesses.
10. Support the proposal pricing activity for all new contract proposals. Includes writing the pricing section for each new contract proposal with write-up and description of all indirect rates, as well as estimating, calculating and defending the forward pricing rates to be used for each proposal. Coordinate with the rest of the proposal team and use your pricing expertise to deliver winning and profitable proposals.
11. Measure and drive for continuous productivity improvements in Accounting functions and develop and maintain Accounting policies and procedures.
12. Direct, coach, monitor and measure the activities of staff to ensure on-time, accurate delivery of Accounting tasks and month and year-end closings. Responsible for building, maintaining and enhancing accounting operations human capital.
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance related field.
2. Active CPA license
3. 8 or more years' experience in government contract accounting and compliance.
4. 10 or more years of progressive experience in public and/or corporate accounting.
5. Extensive experience and demonstrated expertise in Deltek ERP product, and strong IT and Microsoft Office skills.
6. Hands on experience with all types of government contracts (FFP, T&M, cost type, etc)
7. Extensive prior experience and successful record in dealing with DCAA, DCMA, and customer auditors.
8. Demonstrated leadership experience in federal proposal pricing activities.
9. Strong leadership, analytical and communication skills.
10. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance may be required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.