Methodist Healthcare System - San Antonio is the largest provider of health care in South and Central Texas with 26 facilities including eight hospitals serving over 80,000 inpatients and 350,000 outpatients annually. The System team is comprised of 11,000 employees, making Methodist Healthcare System the second largest private employer in San Antonio. The Texas Quality Foundation selected Methodist Healthcare System to receive the 2014 Texas Award for Performance Excellence, making Methodist the first and only health care system in South Texas to receive this award, which requires an organization to demonstrate its commitment to the highest quality standards. With more than 2,700 credentialed physicians, Methodist Healthcare System provides the largest array of medical services in the region including neurosurgery, cardiovascular services, oncology and women's services. The health system is co-owned by both HCA and the Methodist Healthcare Ministries. HCA is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, comprised of locally managed facilities that include 171 locally managed hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and The United Kingdom. Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. is a private, faith-based not-for-profit organization dedicated to creating access to health care for the uninsured through direct services, community partnerships and strategic grant making in 74 counties across South Texas. Visit http://www.SAHealth.com to learn more.
General Statement of Duties : The Assistant Controller is responsible for assisting the Controller in providing oversight to all the financial record keeping and reporting for the facility. All job functions will be performed with limited oversight by the facility Controller.
Essential Job Functions: 1. Completes month end financial statement evaluation, analysis and executive summary explanations.
2. Participates in the annual budgeting process; manages certain aspects of the process, as assigned by the Controller.
3. Oversees the approval and tracking of capital expenditure requests (CERs). This includes the analysis and recommendations of lease versus buy and operating versus capital leases.
4. Completes special projects as assigned with limited oversight by the Controller. Examples include (but are not limited by) annual AHA Survey, annual facility inventory and corporate or division office requested analyses.
5. Oversees the monthly, quarterly and annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance requirements of the department.
6. Supports the overall functions of the finance department which is to ensure the integrity of the financial statements and ensure the facility is operating in an effective and efficient manner. This function will include training of department managers on financial matters impacting their departments, assisting department managers on special projects, and providing financial guidance in projects that may reside outside the finance department yet impact the above listed overall functions of the finance department.
Minimum Education and Experience : Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. 3 years of experience in a healthcare environment.
Minimum License and Certificates Required : None
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom