About the Opportunity
As an Assistant Controller at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on accuracy and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our Global eCommerce team in Shelton and report to the Global Financial Director for eCommerce. You will be responsible for:
• Assisting management of the eCommerce Accounting Operation.
• Partner with BU partners and corporate partner to ensure products are launched with structured, compliant and sustainable processes
• Manage teams to ensure the issuance to Global Controller all actual financial statements and reports including analytics of drivers of change
• Implement accounting policies, controls and procedures that appropriately reflect the financial position and results of operations of the eCommerce Group.
• Partner with other internal departments to deliver process standardization and simplification in order to move toward a truly global operation.
• Assist the efforts of the Pitney Bowes General Accounting team during the transition to a global ERP system and reporting environment.
• Oversee internal controls are maintained by insuring all reconciliations and account analysis are performed and questionable items investigated and resolved on a timely basis.
• Compliance with all GAAP and SEC requirements.
• identifying and controlling Group financial reporting risks and ensuring the business unit establishes appropriate internal accounting controls and follow up on all audit related matters.
• Actively participate in evaluating and on-boarding new Group business opportunities.
Minimum 5 years management experience
• Strong client orientation and relationship building
• Knowledge of information systems
• Understanding the closing process
• Understanding of foreign currency conversion
• Understanding of intercompany processes
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience successfully managing people and cohesive teaming in a dynamic matrixed environment
• Excellent change management skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization
• Ability to prioritize and focus on critical tasks, while remaining responsive to management direction and organizational issues
• Revenue Recognition Accounting principles and application
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• Master's Degree and or CPA
• Knowledge of Industry trends and best practices
• Knowledge of relationship building tools
• Knowledge of SQL and Databases a strong plus
• Team player who deals with all levels of the organization and focuses on understanding the other person's point of view
• Demonstrated ability to lead and obtain results through others
Pitney Bowes Global eCommerce provides a comprehensive range of global eCommerce and cross-border shipping solutions that help U.S. U.K. and Australian retailers and online marketplaces reach consumers around the world. Pitney Bowes, a market leader in global eCommerce solutions, continues to expand and grow its digital commerce businesses.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link
A little about us:
Find your next great opportunity at Pitney Bowes.