Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Responsible for leading PayPal's global General Ledger, Consolidation and Treasury Accounting Operations teams; organization consists of approximately 25 FTEs and 40 contractors - many of which are geographically dispersed.Responsibilities:
- Manage PayPal's monthly, quarterly and-year-end financial close processes.
- Create a customer-centric organization that interacts frequently with key Finance stakeholders in FP&A, Treasury, Tax, Regional Controllership and other organizations.
- Responsible for adapting our general ledger, accounting processes and financial reporting practices to accommodate new business strategies, emerging accounting standards, M&A activities, geographic expansion and other business developments.
- Leverage a solid understanding of complex accounting rules and related interpretations to provide timely, accurate, and easy-to-understand guidance to key decision makers and other stakeholders.
- Standardize PayPal's accounting and general ledger processes with the objective of driving continuous improvement and automation wherever possible.
- Manage strategic system projects and ensuring they stay on track and deliver key customer requirements.
- Key agenda setter and strategic planner in R2R transformation initiative; team will be responsible in executing on and managing through transformation initiatives.
- Candidate should be visionary, progressive thinking, have experience in process efficiency and automation, with proven ability to operate successfully in a highly-complex and changing environment with competing objectives and priorities.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP technical accounting and business matters. Experience with treasury-related topics such as foreign currency accounting, derivatives and hedging, investments, fair valuation, cost and equity-method accounting, consolidation, repatriation, and securitization are a plus.
- Polished communication skills with an ability to listen to the needs of the business, comprehend complex matters, and articulate issues in a clear and concise manner. Makes the complex simple.
- Aptitude for working well within a team and the ability to influence, mentor, and leverage the skills of others to achieve objectives.
- Ability to manage large-scale projects across multiple functional areas, influencing stakeholders and driving results
- Report to Global Controller.
- San Jose based, estimated ~10-20% travel.
- Minimum 10-12 years accounting / finance / M&A experience.
- CPA or diverse and strong accounting background. MBA desired
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.