Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity. Position Description:
Responsible for supporting the Custodial Manager and/or the Facility Manager, if applicable in the completion of all custodial and housekeeping operations. May also include minor maintenance as well as grounds oversight. Scope of Role:
Accounts vary in size but generally are limited to a single unit in multiple locations. Total managed volume is $0.3 -1.5M. Generally manages 30 employees. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Assist in communication and develops relationships with client and campus community.
- Uses the Program Audit to constantly upgrade, update, and enhance best practices in custodial operations.
- Assist in coordinating the activities of employees in custodial services to ensure the effective and efficient utilization of staff, materials, and equipment.
- Tour and inspect the facility frequently to ensure total quality management requirements in custodial operations.
- Document inspections in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).Keep building space inventory updated and schedules current while closing loop with requestors on completed work requests.
- Assist leadership with compliance with all OSHA regulations and other local, state, and federal government regulations.
- Assist the Custodial Manager in providing first line safety inspection on campus and guards against slips, trips, falls.
- Responds to the requests of the client, campus community, Custodial Manager, and Facility Manager, if applicable.
- Assist the Custodial Manager in the HR function and payroll in regards to all front line employees.
- Assist the Custodial Manager in inventory control and may assist with supply and equipment orders.
- Keep management constantly informed of new trends, developments, and regulations within the field of Custodial operations.
- Must be able to complete "hands on" custodial duties if needed.
- Attend Tech Week at least every three years.
- Participate in one-on-one refresher training semi-annually with each member of the custodial staff.
- Participate in a school committee or group outside of custodial responsibilities.
- Assist in the development and delivery of monthly training programs on custodial operations and delivers to service personnel.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor degree in appropriate field with 2-3 years of technical experience the appropriate facility services environment required.
- Technical knowledge of chemicals and cleaning procedures and the ability to oversee projects, seasonal variances and variable manpower is required.
- Experience directing skilled, semi-skilled and non-skilled trade personnel in a union and/or non-union environment are also required.
- Strong financial analysis and interpretation skills and computer skills, P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience are preferred.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.