Discover Home Equity Loans, a line of business within Discover Bank, provides first and second lien mortgages secured by a customers primary residence. The business is growing and seeking to add an Assistant Department Manager to lead multiple teams in the Sales Department located in Phoenix, AZ. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise daily operations activities for multiple sales teams in a call center environment to grow funded loan volume, ensure customer satisfaction, comply with regulations and company policies, and manage expenses. Teams include dialer agents, mortgage bankers, and other operations support staff.
- Build, maintain, and motivate top talent within the organization. Develop staff to meet goals and prepare for advancement opportunities. Ensure high satisfaction levels of all employees.
- Ensure the organization has sufficient daily capacity (people, systems, seating, etc.) to adequately cover all work loads. Coordinate with Human Resources and Training for recruiting and training of all employees. Maintain new hire plan that incorporates turnover and volume trend analysis.
- Evaluate operational performance, identify opportunities for improvement, prioritize initiatives, and allocate operational resources. Drive a high quality culture, and lead implementation of continuous improvement efforts in operations.
- Collaborate with peers in product, marketing, processing, underwriting and other areas as well as third-party vendors to define and achieve goals.
- Ensure operational policies, procedures, controls, job aids, training and other materials are accurate and appropriately implemented.
- Present strategies and results to senior executives, and recommend best practices in the industry and across other lines of business.
Promotes a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Ability to provide strategic and operational leadership and direction to a large team for optimal results using strong interpersonal and communication skills. Strong presentation skills required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks with varying deadlines.
- Proven people skills including the following areas: communications, coaching/feedback, goal setting, development, recognition, mentoring, etc.
- 5+ years of experience managing sales functions for a residential mortgage operation.
- Active NMLS registration or eligibility is required.
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.