Parallon Business Performance Group
has the following opportunity available with the Richmond Shared Services Center in the Boulders. The Richmond Shared Services Center is located at 7300 Beaufont Springs Drive, Richmond, Virginia. This is a Full Time opportunity, Monday thru Friday from, 8:30am - 5:00pm. Assistant Director Billing
The Billing Assistant Director is responsible for daily operations of all Billing functions, including coordination with hospital departments affecting Billing processes. The Assistant Director interprets policies and procedures, recommends changes as appropriate, and provides relevant feedback to SSC leadership. In this leadership role, this person also serves as a key promoter of the SSC as a service organization which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers. This position supervises the Billing Manager, Billing Team Lead, Billing Specialists, Billing Payer Response Analysts, Billing Payment Window Analysts and Billing Clerks. Duties (included but not limited to):
We offer a convenient location, free parking, training support, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits that include several insurance packages to choose from, paid time off for vacation, sick leave and holidays, company matching 401K. Qualifications: EDUCATION:
- Oversee SSC operations and functions as they pertain to Billing functions, ensuring timeliness, accuracy, compliance and standards fulfillment as defined in the SSC Service Level Agreements.
- Provide relevant guidance for the Billing Managers and other SSC Directors to resolve internal and external issues.
- Inform Billing Director and/or SSC Front Office COO of any significant issues in the Billing area (e.g. Billing backlogs, HIM bill drop delays, payer issues, vendor issues, etc.)
- Stay abreast of regulatory requirements and company compliance policies, ensuring timely staff education.
- Inform Billing management and staff regarding payer requirements, significant changes and developments
- Establish and monitor controls to ensure appropriate submission and acceptance of electronic and manual bills
- Monitor billed and rebilled summary reports and act on trends and/or root causes
- Monitor SSC Billing performance according to quality and productivity standards developed internally and documented in SLAs
- Complete monthly trending analysis of SSC billing performance including action plans as deemed necessary.
- Follow overall market trends and communicate significant shifts to SSC Leadership and others as appropriate
- Coordinate and promote implementation and monitoring of standard masterfiles, processes, reporting and education programs
- Understand and communicate nuances of billing various payers such as Medicare, Medicaid, HMO's, PPO's, IPA's, employers, etc.
- Oversee management of Billing personnel, providing recommendations for hiring, promotion, salary adjustment and personnel action where appropriate
- Creates and facilitates succession plans for the Billing Managers.
- Ensure all Billing policies and procedures are adhered to by Billing staff
- Develop reporting tools to track and review Uninsured / Under Insured accounts
- Review and oversight of Unbilled including but not limited to eRequest communication application to ensure request queues have clearly identified owners and are completing requests in a timely manner.
- Establish controls and review mechanisms for SSC policies and procedures
- Develop specific objectives, budgets, and performance standards for each area of responsibility
- Identify and implement process improvements to lower costs and improve service to facility customers
- Assume a lead role for innovation, knowledge sharing and leading practices identification within the SSC and among peer group
- Perform staff reviews and prepare performance documents for director reports
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field required. If a desired applicant does not have the degree the requirement can be waived IF they are currently in a Bachelor Degree program. EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 5 years healthcare management experience with three of these years in the related area for the position. Relevant education may substitute experience requirement with SSC Executive approval.
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation. Parallon
is an affiliate of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA Holdings, Inc.)
and is a leading provider of healthcare business and operational services. Parallon supports healthcare providers in the areas of revenue cycle (billing, collections, denial management), technology, patient registration, insurance verification, and health information management.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom