Assistant Director, Communications
Reporting to the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Middle Market & Specialty Commercial, the primary function of this role is to produce compelling and informative content that supports The Hartford's Specialty Commercial business strategies. This individual will serve as the communications lead for the head of Specialty Commercial and will provide assistance on communications for various Specialty Commercial and Middle Market projects. Communication needs may include announcements, emails, blogs, articles, intranet content, talk tracks, presentations and other materials as needed. Exceptional written and oral communication skills as well as a strong proofreading eye and attention to detail are required. Prior experience and knowledge of The Hartford's business and operational structure is a plus. The assistant director of communications will help translate the business's strategic messaging into engaging content that helps the target audiences understand business goals and how their work ties to the business strategy. This role will collaborate with colleagues in Specialty Commercial, Middle Market, Marketing and Internal Communications as well as with subject matter experts, leaders and others from across the company to develop messages and provide guidance/advice/coaching on communications strategies.Qualifications: Qualifications:
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates track record of translating complex business messages into compelling content that engages audiences
- Expert-level proficiency in writing, AP Style, editing and proofreading
- Proven ability to provide strategic counsel to a variety of levels on communication best practices
- Partners on strategic initiatives by providing subject matter expertise/ creative brainstorming to help develop message positioning
- Highly organized with a commitment to quality, accuracy and driving results with exceptional attention to detail
- Results- and solutions-oriented; motivated to achieve high standards and strive for continuous improvement
- Team player - easily collaborates with others to deliver results
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, professional environment under tight deadlines
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills; ability to identify solutions
- Understanding of driving change management
- Demonstrated dedication and responsiveness
- Ability to articulate and present ideas and recommendations with confidence
- Flexible - can easily adapt to change
- Four-year degree required in journalism, communications, marketing or similar.
Expertise in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint Writing samples required. Behaviors at the Hartford
- 5-7 years of experience in professional/business writing.
- Exceptional executive presence.
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Visit our website to learn about The Hartford's recognition. Information about the company and its product offerings is available at www.thehartford.com .
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford .
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford . WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more. Equal Opportunity Employer / Females / Minorities / Veterans / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Expression / Religion / Age ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD