Reporting to the Director of Digital Analytics, the Assistant Director, Digital Analytics is responsible for driving positive business and customer outcomes by discovering and applying insights related to the customer experience with the Hartford's Personal Lines digital products.
This role leads analytics projects and advises management on analytics processes and the interpretation of metrics. It is also an analyst role, overseeing all phases of digital analysis to formulate strategy, discover opportunities, define requirements, and assess designs of qualitative and quantitative methods. Responsibilities
- Deliver insights and provide actionable recommendations based on reported results, benchmarks, discovered patterns, and all necessary context. Communicate data, analysis, and results to convey recommendations to different audiences.
- Gather, define, and communicate analytics priorities by forming consensus across stakeholder groups to develop timelines and allocate resources.
- Design outputs (e.g., reports, dashboards) using tools to satisfy stated and anticipated requirements.
- Validate that deliverables (e.g., reports, dashboards, analysis) continue to deliver business value by working with stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Establish measures of success (e.g., KPIs, metrics) by gathering stakeholder feedback to measure progress against business goals.
- Explore data, the analytics industry, and the organization beyond routine tasks to generate innovative ideas to proactively deliver improvements.
- Articulate insights and actions to specific, diverse audiences using language that is relevant to their roles and responsibilities.
- Drive organizational change through deliberate, persistent communication.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 2 years' of experience of product-related digital analyst experience in a direct-to-consumer environment.
- Expert-level use of a digital clickstream tool such as Google Analytics, or Adobe Analytics.
- Intermediate-level use of a Business Intelligence/Data Discovery tool such as Tableau or Business Objects. Familiarity with relational databases and other data structures that support the use of those tools.
- Intermediate-level use of Voice-of-Customer tools such as OpinionLab, Kampyle, or other digital survey tools and methodologies.
- Familiarity with Testing and Optimization tools such as Optimizely or Maxymiser.
- Understanding of Tag Management and Site Personalization tools and technologies.
- Very strong communication skills and in particular, strong technical presentation skills.
- Responsive to cross-functional needs and business demands. Ability to triage and prioritize inbound requests from across the organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of current and emerging digital analytics tools, platforms and technologies.
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression