The Assistant Director Digital is a key position within the Personal Lines organization, responsible for driving growth in a critical distribution channel for the business. This position is responsible for designing, developing, and measuring results of new experiences with a direct marketing orientation. The qualified candidate will help drive the development, prioritization, monetization and execution of a multi-million dollar digital agenda allowing The Hartford to sell and service auto, homeowners and other Personal Lines products more effectively online. Digital platforms will support a variety of users, from prospects to customers, employees, and agents of The Hartford.
This is a lead position that requires knowledge and experience with direct marketing, experience design, and technology in a growing Digital function within the Personal Lines Direct organization. This position requires strong interface design experience including knowledge of mobile platforms as well as outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and lead experience design initiatives through the full project lifecycle.
- Deliver new, innovative online capabilities to improve the effectiveness of the digital assets.
- Create business cases required to support digital design initiatives. Monitor and optimize results for new experiences created.
- Inform and develop functional design for digital experiences, including self-service experiences beyond the web channel (e.g. Interactive Voice Response)
- Lead matrixed project teams in support of the execution work to deliver these important capabilities, including partnership with Operations to drive improvements to the online to offline experience, focusing on ease of doing business for the internal call center team and customers. Requires close partnership with IT and multiple vendor partners. Qualified candidate will be accountable for various projects and provide regular updates to leadership team on costs, benefits and status.
- Collaborate with and influence the work of design and content development professionals to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Participate and guide the appropriate analysis involving web analytics and campaign analysis to recommend key findings to increase the online efficiency rates.
- Monitor and leverage customer feedback to help prioritize the maintenance agenda
- Participate in the test and learn agenda including A/B path and multivariate testing, usability testing and web analytics tracking for these new online platforms.
- Work within established brand style and content guidelines while being willing to challenge those guidelines where performance can be improved by stepping outside of those guidelines. To this end, the ability to influence gatekeepers and to prove performance improvements via testing is essential to success.
- Develop targeting and personalization capabilities to drive improved results.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Bachelor's degree required with a business, marketing, advertising or closely related major, Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years' experience working in Digital/eCommerce, Direct Marketing, and/or Process Improvement.
- Background in direct marketing, user experience design, Internet development life cycles, agile project delivery, specifically experience with all aspects of application development from idea development, planning and cost estimation through requirements, design, development, testing, implementation and benefit monitoring.
- Strong experience with mobile technologies including responsive/adaptive design principles.
- Proven history of leading/informing business strategies to support channel growth/evolution.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be influential, but able to work effectively in a project team. Vendor management and project management skills are required.
- Proven experience working and delivering results within a matrixed environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate complex technical issues to all stakeholders, including those who do not have a technical/digital background. Strong ability to influence senior leadership decision-making and create compelling business cases to secure executive level buy-in.
- Self-motivated individual with strong analytical and research skills with the ability to handle multiple high priority demands.
- Experience within the Financial Services sector, particularly consumer P&C insurance business models is preferred .
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD