As one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
Emergency Room ER:
- Level 2 Trauma Center
- 50 Bed ED
- Dedicated 10 Bed Pediatric ED
- Separate 5 Bed Psych ED
- 2 Helipads - Rooftop Helipad is Largest in the State
- Chest Pain and Stroke Accredited
- Dedicated Point of Care Testing
At the direction of the ED Director, the Manager supervises departmental personnel in a manner staff that enables them to achieve their potential as members of an effective team. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages all direct and indirect nursing care given to the patients within the department to ensure optimal patient care.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, with all members of the healthcare team, customers and key stakeholders.
- Contributes to development, implementation and monitoring of operational and capital budgets to ensure sound fiscal management of the department. Manages departmental supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner.
- Assists the Director in the continual assessment and improvement of the department's performance through monitoring and advancement of nursing quality and patient safety. Compiles and analyzes data in a systematic method that effectively identifies opportunities and measures improvement.
- Serves as a professional role model for the Nursing Team.
- Pursues own professional growth through continuing education, participation in a professional organization and inservices.
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Actively participates in Hospital and community activities to promote the role of the professional nurse to recruit and retain staff as well as market organizational services.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing is required
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing is desired
- Current Virginia state licensure by the State Board of Nursing as a Registered Professional Nurse
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS and PALS certification (preferred)
- Required: 3-5 years of current experience in which leadership and management abilities have been demonstrated.
- Preferred: 5 years in nursing management or nursing leadership
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom