Assistant Director, Home Coverage Management DESCRIPTION:
The Assistant Director of Coverage for Personal Lines Homeowners is responsible for producing and maintaining accurate, compliant and desirable coverage offerings and policy language to support our profit and growth objectives. The Assistant Director of Coverage leads the strategic and operating plan objectives as they relate to our coverage, including the execution of those offerings through our Sales/Service, Underwriting and Claims functions. The incumbent will work in conjunction with our Countrywide Homeowners line team to ensure the coverage is offered as designed from a pricing standpoint. Additionally the role assists Underwriting in developing the proper eligibility for the coverage and directs communications as it relates to coverage. Strong Agency, Digital, and Operations synergy is key in this role for Operational Excellence success. The Assistant Director of Coverage is an integral part of a high performance team focused on achievement, commitment and innovation. RESPONSIBILITIES: Coverage Management:
Lead the Personal Lines coverage offerings for Home through design and implementation of coverage solutions to address existing and emerging exposures. As a member of the Countrywide Product Homeowners line team, the Assistant Director will provide deep subject matter expertise on PL coverage forms and language on both a countrywide and state specific level. This role will lead projects to implement new coverages and also manage regulatory and maintenance changes to our portfolio. The Assistant Director will have the pulse of competitor coverage offerings to ensure our products are properly placed in the market. Incumbent will be responsible to ensure compliance with state coverage regulations in partnership with Compliance and Legal partners. Leadership:
While leading cross-functional teams and projects, effective leadership skills are required. As a trusted decision maker, the Assistant Director of Coverage will deliver results, solve problems, lead the organization or teams through complex projects, and foster a team environment. Self-management and taking initiative to drive actions is required for success. Key Functions
- Supports Personal Lines organization as a member of the CW Product team. Provides deep subject matter expertise on PL coverage forms and language.
- Focus is on the design and implementation of coverage solutions to address existing and emerging exposures, opportunities and new product development.
- Leads complex coverage development initiatives or work streams.
- Ensures compliance of coverage and subsequent procedures with regulatory requirements; partner w/ Compliance and Legal.
- Ensures that coverage design contemplates operational impact in UW/Service/Sales Operations and Claims. Provides input into training and communication with customers, agents and operations staff.
- Manages the coverage portfolio to reduce complexity, keep up to date with industry and market trends.
- Provides litigation support, industry representation and enterprise emerging risk representation for Personal Lines
- As Industry representative, responsible for determining The Hartford's position and interests and represent them to the industry bodies including ISO.
- Drafts moderately to highly complex proprietary forms in support of exposure management, appetite management and new products.
- Manages the language and design approval process through Legal, Compliance and Claims.
- Manages the Form approval process with state Departments of Insurance, including crafting explanatory memorandums and discussions to assist in approvals.
- Ensures all reference materials and communications are accurate. Coordinates with functional business partners (Agency, Digital, Operations, and Marketing) to ensure that communications achieve target results in customer and agent experience.
- Supports Regional Product management in the customization of proprietary forms to meet state specific needs.
- Acts as a Lead SME for forms/applications/coverage related initiatives in the Pre-Define Process.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- BS Degree strongly preferred. Advanced degree or CPCU, RPLU, IIA, or CIC designations a strong plus.
- Advanced Business Knowledge: Homeowners insurance knowledge required, Auto and Umbrella a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Claims management and outcomes. Ability to handle technical cover issues as they arise in claims, disputes, and litigation.
- Strong Analytical and Research Skills.
- Strong Underwriting knowledge: exposure identification and management.
- Excellent presentation skills, including development of concise communications.
- Solid analytical and decision making skills.
- Sound planning and execution skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of risk, underwriting, and rating.
- Proficient with business systems and repositories (PLA, Client, SFE, CI, IDARS, Business Objects) and Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to travel 2-4 times per year (may require overnight travel)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD