Assistant Director of Financial Analysis - Commercial IT & Data Description
The position is accountable for controllership of expenses for the Commercial IT and Data organizations. It is an individual contributor role that requires maintaining strong partnerships with several organizations to ensure proper accounting, forecasting, analysis and optimization of spending. Job Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Skills & Qualifications:
- Close the expense books monthly including proper accrual management. Analyze and report on variances to budget and forecast.
- Prepare forecast for future expenses 5 times per year, including development of budgets.
- Work closely with IT and Data partners to help them understand and manage their expenses, including staff and vendor spend planning.
- Ensure financial structure is in place to provide full transparency of spending, proper chargeback and accurate allocations to lines of business.
- Help achieve expense reduction goals by carefully tracking targets, booking efficiency gains, and partnering with teams to analyze savings opportunities.
- Participate in the creation of CBAs to allow for better spend decisions and proper benefit capture.
- Maintain expense walks to clearly show change drivers between forecast periods.
- Obtain accurate recovery of expenses by setting and maintaining internal labor rates used to translate time worked into project and application spend views.
- Ensure proper capitalization of assets and monitor for potential impairment.
- Ad-hoc projects such as improving Forecast and Accrual processes.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting
- Strong organizational skills.
- Previous experience performing monthly accounting closes, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to create and articulate relevant information to all levels and functions of management
- Flexibility to help across roles/teams when needed
- Proven skills in building and maintaining relationships across multiple organizations.
- A high level of expertise in Excel and Tm1.
- Prefer prior experience using Work Force Planning, Ariba and IT Service Costing tools.
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Visit our website to learn about The Hartford's recognition. Information about the company and its product offerings is available at www.thehartford.com .
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford .
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford . WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more. Equal Opportunity Employer / Females / Minorities / Veterans / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Expression / Religion / Age ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD