McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is opening a new, state of the art, automated Distribution Center (DC) in Hamptonburgh, NY in Spring of 2017. We are looking for an Assistant Director of Operations (ADO) to assist with the completion of the large, automated pharmaceutical distribution center with an employee base of 165 team members.
The ADO is responsible for all operational activities in a large distribution center where there is automation, complexity, lines of throughput, inventory accountability, and exposure to risk/loss. The ADO ensures operational activities are in alignment with profit and expense goals, while providing the highest possible service to the market customer base, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and government regulations, and providing a work-environment conducive to superior productivity, safety, quality and morale.
- Assist in the development of plans and programs to carry out local (corporate / regional) strategic initiatives
- Establish performance expectations and operations policies and standards for local staff to ensure superior customer service and optimum employee performance
Tactical DC Operations Management:
- Understands, influences and directs local operations activities to ensure DC performance within ROCC, EBIT, and expense plans
- Establishes and maintains quality and productivity standards
Human Resource Management:
- Responsible for consistent application of field HR policies/practices and ensuring employee/management relations support optimal team performance
- Responsible for providing leadership and support for on-going training initiatives for management and employees including development of plans for professional development of local management staff
- Directs staff to provide a work environment that fosters creativity, productivity, collaboration, and accountability
- Maintains positive working relationships with bargaining unit representatives.
- Change management
10+ years operational experience including 7+ years managerial experience
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Experience managing managers
- Understanding of tactical aspects of distribution operations
- Strategic thinker
- Change management
- The ideal candidate for the position will understand pharmaceutical supply chain operations from beginning to end.
- This individual will be part of a cross functional team that collaborates to improve operational metrics, decrease expenses, manage inventory risk, improved the customer experience, drive employee engagement, mitigate security risk and improve safety.
- Experience with warehouse management, labor management, project management and financial management are necessary for the position.
- This individual must be willing to work various hours to manage across the 24 hour work day within the distribution center.
- Additionally, strong written and verbal communication skills are needed to be successful in the position.
4-year degree or equivalent experiencePhysical Requirements
The person in this position may initially be located in a North East Region DC or could be in a temporary office space in Hamptonburgh. There will be extensive travel the first year between various McKesson Pharma Distribution Centers and Hamptonburgh with the position ultimately being in Hamptonburgh.Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.