McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
We are currently recruiting for the Assistant Director of Operations for the US Pharma Tri States Distribution Center.
Responsible for all operational activities in a large distribution center where there is automation, complexity, lines of throughput, inventory accountability, and exposure to risk/loss. Ensures operational activities are in alignment with profit and expense goals, while providing the highest possible service to the market customer base, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and government regulations, and providing a work-environment conducive to superior productivity, safety, quality and morale.
- Assist in the development of plans and programs to carry out local (corporate / regional) strategic initiatives
- Establish performance expectations and operations policies and standards for local staff to ensure superior customer service and optimum employee performance.
DC Operations Management:
- Understands, influences and directs local operations activities to ensure DC performance within ROCC, EBIT, and expense plans
- Establishes and maintains quality and productivity standards
Technical Operations Management & Government Compliance:
- Ensures DC’s compliance with all government and corporate regulations and reporting requirements including OSHA, DEA, CSMP, DOT, FDA, and corporate/regional safety directives and programs
- Directs the careful management of all local security programs to protect company assets and welfare of personnel
Human Resource Management:
- Responsible for consistent application of field HR policies/practices and ensuring employee/management relations support optimal team performance
- Ensures compliance with all government regulations and statutes in the area of employment, wage & hour, and EEO/AA
- Responsible for providing leadership and support for on-going training initiatives for management and employees including development of plans for professional development of local management staff
- Ensures the use of recruitment activities which result in the selection of qualified, superior candidates
- Directs staff to provide a work environment that fosters creativity, productivity, collaboration, and accountability
- Where applicable, maintains positive working relationships with bargaining unit representatives.
Customer Service Management:
- Leads local operations team in collaboration efforts with sales team to obtain profitable business and maintain superior customer service for existing customers.
- Ensures timely, secure, accurate deliveries of DC products/services to market customer base through the optimum deployment of courier/delivery resources within expense/profit target parameters
Financial/Credit/DEA Audit Management:
- Responsible for ensuring the DC’s financial/ARCOs performance is within or exceeds goals by ensuring accounting, budgeting, inventory, profitability, ARCOS, CSMP, and auditing practices of local personnel meet the standards established and monitored by DC management.
Computer Room Management:
- Directs management to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all computer reports and operations in order to maintain smooth, uninterrupted service to the DC staff, sales team and customers.
Facility & Equipment Management:
- Directs staff to ensure that all interior and exterior building structures, security systems, sanitation facilities, grounds, parking areas, equipment, etc. are maintained cost effectively and conducive to smooth operations
10+ years operational experience including 7+ years leadership experience
- 5+ years leadership experience overseeing team operations including tactical aspects of distribution operations including warehouse management, labor management, project management and financial management
- 5+ years change management experience creating and implementing continuous improvement to reduce costs, streamline processes or improve core operating competencies
- 5+ years experience managing managers and supervisors in a production or customer service environment
- 5+ years experience developing teams with diverse backgrounds including multi cultural and multi generational workforce; an emphasis on communication: training, team building, coaching/mentoring, interdepartmental interaction, leadership and supervision
- Ability to be on-call and work various hours to manage across the 24 hour work day within the distribution center
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Understand pharmaceutical supply chain operations from beginning to end.
- Leadership experience in a union environment a plus
- Six Sigma
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
4-year degree or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.