Job Summary - The Patient Access Assistant Director is responsible for the daily operations of all functions and serves as the liaison between the Service Center and the facility. The Patient Access Assistant Director integrates the department's services with the hospital's primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff. The Patient Access Assistant Director serves as a key promoter of the Service Center, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers.
Supervisor - SSC COO
Supervises - Patient Access
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Assists Patient Access Director in overseeing facility operations of Patient Access functions to ensure daily operations are maintained according to standard. Acts in the capacity of the Department Leader in the Director's absence
• Assists Patient Access Director in overseeing management of Patient Access personnel. Manages staffing, recruitment and mentorship of new employees.
• Provide support and resolution for facility and department issues. Drive operational results including internal and external customer satisfaction. Supports operational changes to improve key metrics.
• Serves as the secondary liaison between the PAS and the Facility.
• Informs the Regional Patient Access Director of any significant issues in Patient Access areas.
• Perform patient registration function when needed to ensure wait times are kept to a minimum
• Ensure QA on registrations for all areas of Registration
• Provide continuous training for and communicates changes to existing employees
• Prepare payroll and completes monthly work schedules as needed to ensure adequate staffing levels
• Follow-up on patient complaints promptly
• Implement and promote excellent customer service
• Work closely and professionally with outside agencies on special projects developed by the corporate office
• Interview, hire, evaluate, and counsel Patient Access staff members for your areas
• Perform evaluations in a timely manner
• Train new employees in all aspects of their assigned job
• Supervise and maintain the productivity of your employees
• Review the quality of patient registration documents on a daily basis
• Process all paperwork in a timely manner
• Work closely with fellow managers to ensure all procedures regarding patient accounts are completed in a thorough and timely manner
• Complete monthly reports to the Director (Meditech and Business Objects)
• Responsible for Dept. Operations Report, FTEs and Operating budgets
• Ensure all personnel policies are followed
• Develop and maintain a Patient Access Policy and Procedure Manual
• Effectively manage your areas of registration to ensure quality, productivity, and customer service
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Financial management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree required.
• Patient Access experience required.
• Minimum of 3 years' management experience in a healthcare setting required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom