Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: This professional will manage the Aramark Custodial, Maintenance and Grounds programs for K-12 school facilities to maintain the highest possible standards and good public relations with all constituents (principals, students, teachers, parents, board members). Travel is required and a van is provided.
Arranges for, coordinates, and verifies contractor provided services outside the scope Aramark employees. Provides general maintenance and repair services as needed. Performs these tasks on site, indoors or out, using a wide variety of tools and equipment. May be required to work additional hours and on weekends when necessary.
Supervises and coordinates the activities of Site Coordinators and Service Partners engaged in cleaning and maintaining premises of individual school campuses. Assigns tasks to workers, and inspects completed work for conformance to standards. Issues supplies and equipment. Resolves employee problems or refers matters to the Regional Facility Manager.
Trains new workers, records hours worked, provides leadership and direction to site employees, documents and recommends discharge of under-performing employees, and performs other human resources duties as required. Teams with Human Resources Manager to resolve issues.
May submit requests for repair of equipment. May requisition or purchase cleaning supplies and equipment. May perform some duties of Service Partners supervised. Routinely exercises discretion and independent judgment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instill in the building administrators and principals a feeling of complete trust, security and satisfaction through demonstrations of competence and willingness to serve
- Build relationships with teachers, principals and other faculty and staff.
- Maintain the Aramark quality standard for Custodial, Maintenance and Grounds through supervision and by performance of production work in support of training activities or production assistance.
- Coordinate the activities and functions of the Custodial, Maintenance and Grounds departments such that consistent service is provided.
- Ensure the fullest cooperation with other Aramark managers, fostering the administrative supporting team concept and its benefit of strong mutual response.
- Keep departmental spaces in accordance with the Aramark standards of cleanliness and proper appearance.
- Encourage personal growth of all personnel responsible to the manager through periodic evaluation and review.
- Train all supervisory personnel to include Site Coordinators and the Service Partners, and all other personnel through them in the proper implementation of Aramark Custodial, Maintenance and Grounds Programs.
- Conducts mandated safety training for all designated Aramark employees, and maintain the appropriate records.
- Screen applicants to develop a stable, competent work force. (Per the client's background screening procedures)
- Handle customer service quickly, thoroughly, personally - turning problems into opportunities to elicit praise.
- Control labor, materials, purchased services, and utility costs.
- Maintain all controls - plant operations log, operating records, weekly inspections, monthly summary, monthly joint review meetings, daily hour control, safety, and systems in accordance with Aramark operations standards and the facility's directives.
- Attend committee meetings to which assigned and contribute to discussion.
- Grow personally and professionally in job and conduct self ethically at all times to enhance the image of Aramark.
- Assist in repair, preventive maintenance, assembly and installation of locks, plumbing fixtures, pumps, piping, fire alarms, fire safety systems, minor electrical fixtures, boilers, chemical mixing equipment, and HVAC systems.
- Ensure that all corrective and preventative maintenance work is planned, scheduled and completed in a timely and credible manner either through in-house or contracted services.
- Comply with established regulatory, safety, and risk management guidelines.
Provide direct supervision to Site Coordinators and Service Partners. Direct responsibility for the hiring of, as well as termination of employees. Direct responsibility for performing inspections on a regular basis. Direct responsibility for the training and development of all Site Coordinators as well as Service Partners.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least an Associate Degree and/or equivalent technical education. Bachelor Degree is preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of materials and tools used in association with general maintenance work.
- Must have minimum 1 year of supervisory experience. Experience in a trade skill is a plus.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of or ability to learn with minimal difficulty the cleaning processes and procedures in relation to hard surface floor care and carpet care.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of or ability to learn with minimal difficulty the process for complete grounds maintenance operations and the maintenance of grounds equipment.
- Must be willing to participate in training/educational opportunities offered by Aramark; these opportunities may require overnight travel.
Must possess a valid Drivers License and have a good driving record. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires full range of body motion, including reaching, stooping, kneeling, climbing, and walking. Must be able to lift/carry items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires standing/walking for extended periods of time. Requires ability to operate motorized equipment requiring manual dexterity. Requires the ability to work from ladders and at heights. Candidate must have good vision, with or without corrective devices.
Must be able to understand/follow basic safety precautions involved in the use of maintenance materials, the operation of hand power tools, and use of personal safety items.
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.