Overview Who are we?
TEKsystems ® Inc. is a leading provider of strategic IT staffing and Global Services for 82% of the Fortune 500. Ranked #1 in the industry by IT Services Business Report since 2001. We are the nation's largest IT staffing firm. We leverage our core competencies to offer a wide array of IT services. As a division of our parent company, Allegis Group, TEKsystems ® has over 100 offices throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. A three billion dollar company, our best-in-class staffing and project delivery processes, coupled with the core values that guide our company culture, fuel our success.
Scope of Position:
The Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO) is responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer service, to external customers as well as corporate and field office employees. The AFSO is proficient in the processing and collection of all security clearance documentation. Responsibilities
Building customer relationships, conflict resolution, professionalism, detail-oriented, strong follow-up skills, multi-tasking skills, strong organizational skills, the ability to use independent judgment, ability to function in an open environment, and the ability to adapt to changes in the workplace
- Manage workflow of security clearance requests being received by security office
- Management of phone volume being received by the security office and distributing calls accordingly.
- Responsible for gathering the necessary data to assist security personnel in processing of security clearance requests
- Support liaison for field offices, customers and Operational Support Group with questions regarding steps in the clearance process and required documentation.
- Auditing documentation and providing reports to ensure that the security office is receiving all of the required documentation, and to ensure that any negative trends are being reported to Facility Security Officer
- Must be legally eligible for employment in the US with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Government Security Clearance at the Secret level
- 1-2+ years of relevant experience or college degree
- Strong organizational and analytical abilities
- Strong communication skills and work ethic
- Goal driven with problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word a must)
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.