Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
The Assistant Food Service Director will be responsible for planning and managing food service within a single residential or retail unit in conjunction with the Food Service Director.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Manage overall operation of unit with the support of the Food Service Director.
- Assist in unit forecasting and accounting.
- Ensure that requirements for appropriate sanitation and food safety levels in respective areas are met.
- Coordinate and supervise unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality, and cost control as well as labor scheduling, staffing, and employee training.
- Assist with hiring, coaching, performance management and reviews.
- Conduct period inventory; perform other functions such as maintaining records to comply with Aramark, government, and accrediting agency standards.
- Coordinate activities with other internal departments.
- Participate in management team meetings.
- Interface with vendors and key service users within client organization.
- Involved in all student and employee advocacy activities.
- Bachelor's degree (and/or requisite industry and management experience).
- Minimum of one to three years residential or retail experience.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office suite applications.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.