Job Location: Whippany NJ
Position is responsible for financial review/analysis related to MetLife Investment Management’s Real Estate Funds and Managed Accounts. MetLife Investment Management is a recently established department of MetLife that currently manages approximately $13 billion of real estate assets.
Responsibilities include oversight and review of financial reporting prepared by the external accounting administrator “Administrator”, onboarding of new properties acquired, and providing reporting and key metrics for the use of MetLife Investment Management as well as Fund/Managed Account clients.
- Perform oversight of external Administrator’s financial accounting and reporting responsibilities, including review of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, capital call and distributions and other cash management activities, be point person for questions/issues raised by Administrator, and perform periodic desktop audits to ensure Administrator is in compliance with contractual obligations and to ensure strong internal controls environment.
- Assist in property set-up, onboarding of new JV’s, interacting with Property, Asset and Portfolio Managers
- accounting set-up and training accounting staff of property managers
- coordinate set-up of property and fund level bank accounts
- assist in coordinating establishment of new properties and ventures, including systems feeds and reporting requirements to and from Administrator
- Review monthly financial statements produced by property managers for Funds and Managed Accounts including
- monitor cash activities of property managers including fund operating distributions
- coordinate between property manager and Administrator
- manage data integrity between property managers, Administrator, and MetLife's systems
- Support portfolio management and client needs by assisting in compilation of quarterly and financial statements and investor reports for Funds and managed accounts
- coordinate financial information produced by administrator
- prepare various regular and ad hoc key metrics for Portfolio Management, Investor Services, and other internal and external parties
- 6+ years’ of experience in Finance, Accounting, or an applicable field of expertise.
- 4+ years of experience in real estate fund or joint venture accounting and/or financial analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or an applicable field of expertise
- Excellent Communication skills, highly analytical and well organized
- MBA or CPA a plus
Financial Management Group
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.