Intuit's Legal Compliance & Policy team is tasked with building, protecting and expanding Intuit's competitive advantage and customer experience. We intelligently manage risk, shaping strategy to drive better business decisions for our internal and external environment.
Our in-house legal team is part of an innovation and technology driven company providing online and desktop small business and consumer, accounting, tax and personal financial management software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions, platforms and cloud computing services. Responsibilities:
We are seeking an attorney to provide strategic legal support for U.S. and global commercial transactions, marketing/consumer protection and other matters. Financial institution regulatory experience is desired.
This person will drive strategic recommendations and actionable solutions to meet business objectives. Responsibilities include structuring, drafting, negotiating and supporting complex, time-sensitive, commercial transactions. The role requires awesome communication and business partnering skills. This person will anticipate and propose mitigation strategies to solve business problems and address risks in contractual, regulatory, privacy, consumer protection, competition, compliance and related areas. Contracts include strategic alliances, new business models, in-bound and out-bound technology, international transactions, highly regulated partnering agreements with financial institutions, as well as marketing and sales agreements.
This person will collaborate, lead and coach teams, create and implement critical guidelines, processes, training, and best practices to enable timely and smart Company decisions.
This role will support multiple business units located in the United States and in our global operations in multiple time zones. Some travel may be required.
This position includes supporting our marketing and sales organizations to advise on marketing claims, promotions and campaigns, including print, radio and TV ads for small businesses and consumers, online, social, in-product offers, contests and sweepstakes, rebates.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in-house and/or top-tier law firm primarily in licensing and commercial transactions for software, SaaS, complex strategic alliances
- Significant experience in the following substantive areas of law: commercial transactions, software, technology / IP licensing, consumer protection, privacy and data protection; marketing and advertising law acumen is a plus, including social media and mobile marketing
- Ability to prioritize work and perform with minimal supervision on all legal support and project responsibilities
- Experience providing global legal support and international contracting
- Strategic, detail oriented, yet able to see the big picture and comfortable balancing risk and opportunity to enable smart decisions
- Superior communication, drafting and negotiation skills
- A strong, collaborative leader and influencer capable of succinctly framing complex legal and business issues to drive positive change with all levels including senior leaders
- Excellent training and project management skills
- Strong technology and financial regulatory acumen is a plus
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
State Government Relations Manager - Eastern Region Assistant General Counsel Patent Counsel See More…
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.