Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description Summary
The Conference Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of a conference center. This includes managing all staff and center services. Responsibilities
- Ensure that all services provided meet the clients' needs and events are run efficiently, which may require liaising with an event organizer.
- Communicate daily with the management team, planning work schedules and checking client requirements;
- Respond to customer complaints, comments and enquiries
- Ensuring all events run smoothly
- Manage budgets to achieve profit targets
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, organization and monitoring of staff
- Responsible for the sales and marketing of the conference center, including pricing, promotions and promotional materials, image and brand and profile
- Negotiate with external service providers and suppliers as required
- Purchase equipment necessary for the conference center to operate
- Ensure compliance with health and safety, licensing laws and other legal regulations
- Day-to-day troubleshooting and addressing problems as they arise
- Must have at least 7 years of operations experience with a Bachelor's degree, 10 years of relevant experience with an Associates/Technical Degree.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the organization in both the short and long term.
- Ability to communicate at high efficiency and effectiveness with clients, vendors, internal leadership and operations staff.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing demands.
- Key experience in the following categories is an asset: customer service leadership and negotiations, foodservice operations, training and development of supervisory level direct reports as well as front line personnel. Client interaction, communication, organization/time management, multi-tasking and computer skills are critical to the success of this role.
- The ability to work efficiently and independently
- Must be able to work varying/flexible shifts
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.