Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Aramark Business & Industry Facility Services is part of Aramark's $2 Billion Global Facilities Business representing a client portfolio of 16,000 facilities and two billion square feet. Everyday we provide workplace, facility, and business support service solutions to a client base encompassing a wide range of environments including but not limited to automotive, life sciences, technology, industrial, manufacturing, and corporate campuses. We are uniquely positioned to integrate a variety of diverse business support functions into a single solution set we often self perform. Our B&I FS solution sets are process based, metric driven and integrates technology to manage and report outcome based performance.
In this role, the Assistant General Manager will share responsibility of the market which provides food and beverage logistics service regionally. The ideal candidate is a strong operations leader who can drive results and is a good communicator.
- Assist in the management of the distribution center, including P&L responsibility and the controlling of assets
- Help to prepare and manage the distribution center business plan, which establishes operational goals
- Ensure that client objectives are met by maintaining active customer relationships
- Help to train and develop all Distribution Center personnel and operations associates
- Drive operational efficiencies, logistics productivity, and DOT compliance
- Drive a positive work environment and utilize effective communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Provide overall direction and control to a large/complex warehouse to achieve operating and financial goals
- Establishes and maintains effective communications and business relationships with clients/customers
- Must be able to apply insight across a wide range of tactical to strategic issues in order to consistently identify and select best course of action
- Create climate of continuous change, building a solid business strategy and SOPs as a result of aligning with customer/client needs
- Provide a daily service report card on local operations; actively participate in regional/district and client initiatives
- A Bachelors degree is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of management experience in the areas of operations in a high energy, fast-paced customer service oriented environment
- Demonstrate proven success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and considerable negotiation skills are also needed to drive results
- Previous profit and loss accountability experience; shrink control
- Must be results-oriented, as well as customer service-focused
- Experience in a dynamic and time sensitive environment
- Must be very hands on
- Route based experience is a huge plus
- Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to effectively build and foster a team environment
- Ability to make decisions in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with managing a timekeeping system; Wage & Hour compliance
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent/articulate oral and written communication skills
- Availability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.