Assistant General Manager, Moreno Valley DC (Job Number: 027489)
Moreno Valley DC - 17500 PERRIS BLVD
17500 PERRIS BLVD
MORENO VALLEY 92551Description
Responsible for the success of assigned functions within a complex distribution center environment. The AGM works with the General Manager to develop strategies and objectives to maximizing productivity and leverage expenses for the distribution center. This is a key role in Walgreen's DC operation by driving operational excellence across our distribution centers and developing the leadership capabilities within the DC team.***This opportunity may require relocation in the future in order to progress your career within the Walgreen's Distribution Network***
- Develops strategies to be prepared for business challenges, as well as, changing business trends. Frequently compares trends with forecast to determine variances. Reviews plans and strategies regularly to ensure changes in forecast and trends are properly anticipated and prepared for. Maintains high standards across the distribution center's functions.
- Maintains a productive, positive, and motivated workforce. A proven developer of people. Evaluates talent, provides performance feedback, allocates time and resources, and fosters development opportunities to support the organizational planning process. Ensures performance successes are appropriately shared and celebrated. Ensures performance deficiencies are appropriately addressed.
- Sets parameters, develops goals, allocates resources, and establishes effective controls to achieve goals, standards, budgets and KPIs. Assists in ensuring operational excellence across operations for the DC and adherence to divisional processes and procedures.
- Assists in overseeing the facility and equipment, working to ensure all components of the facility are functioning properly.
- Creates and maintains an organized, clean and safe workplace.
- Ensures appropriate merchandise flow (volume and timing) to meet store needs at, or below, budgeted cost.
- Models, supports, and ensures compliance to operational standards, company culture, beliefs, and values.
- Leads the management team, directly and indirectly, in searching for improvement opportunities using Lean principles.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com and VisionDirect.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of experience in a high-paced operational role, including but not limited to warehouse, distribution center, fulfillment center or supply chain management OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in a high-paced operational role, including but not limited to warehouse, distribution center, fulfillment center or supply chain management.
- Experience owning quality and efficiency KPIs and scheduling a large workforce.
- Experience leading and facilitating cross-functional teams.
- Experience building and maintaining cross-functional working relationships.
- Experience managing cost performance, supply/demand forecasting and distribution execution.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Business Degree in Logistics or Industrial/Engineering.
- At least 2 years of experience working with automated systems (RF technology, WMS, conveyor and sortation).
- At least 1 year of Lean experience in a manufacturing or Logistics environment.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.