Assistant Grain Merchandiser
Location: Mahnomen, Minnesota
Posted: February 02, 2018
Reference ID: 11201BR
CHS Mahnomen has an exciting opportunity. We are looking for an Assistant Grain Merchandiser. You will work extensively with the Grain Department Manager in procuring grain and assist with logistics planning. You must be able to make decisions and work independently, be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Grain Origination: Procure grain from local producers and call on new accounts
- Work with producers updating them on market trends, current grain quotes, grain programs, and form marketing plans
- Communicate bid changes and closing bids to customers.
- Report and type all purchasing contracts quickly and accurately,
- Assist with rail billing and grain sales settlements as needed.
- Perform daily hedging activities
- Work with the elevator and office staff in the exchange of information to enhance the flow of grain.
- Provide excellent customer service and work well with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with customers and potential customers.
- Work extended hours during peak seasons.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- 1-2 years’ experience in grain industry
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Associates degree
- Grain Procurement experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Business