Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Our Leisure group within SLC specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
- Act as a lead worker in accomplishing tasks performed by the Housekeepers.
- Directly supervises daily activities of housekeeping team.
- Trains the Housekeepers on new equipment and procedures, proper chemical usage, and the Quality Assurance Program as directed.
- Act as a liaison between employees and managers.
- Ensures that all rooms are cleaned in a timely fashion and reported to the front desk agent on duty.
- Responsible to assign keys to the Custodians in their designated areas & make sure that all keys are returned.
- Responsible for keeping guest rooms, storage rooms, public areas and housekeeping areas clean and secured.
- Stock carts with supplies and chemicals needed insuring no waste of supplies.
- Oversee proper use of equipment.
- Coordinates with Housekeeping Manager in regard to room inspections and the Quality Assurance Program.
- Ensures that corrective actions are taken in regard to the Quality Assurance Program standards.
- Responsible for preparing weekly schedule and distributing to team members.
- Report any problem areas to Housekeeping Manager
- Comply with all ARAMARK and the client's policies and procedures.
- Follow all of ARAMARK's safety and sanitation policies.
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and/or overtime.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or can be accessed at dpr.web.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training and/or pre-shift meetings.
- High school degree or equivalent degree required.
- 2 years of experience working in a Housekeeping position
- 2 years of experience working in a management position
- Strong attention to detail
- Multitasking skills
- Strong communication skills; verbally and in writing
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.