Blizzard Entertainment's marketing team is on the warpath, looking for a fresh recruit to help us create upcoming marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate is both a gamer and a marketer. As just such a candidate, you know that in an age of ad blockers and social media, it's great content-and not raw advertising budget-that will ultimately win the day. Thus, an effective marketing campaign cannot be merely "good"; it must also be something that players want to engage with and share across the internet. While this is an assistant-level position (see responsibilities below), you will be working closely with a marketing communications director to help bring marketing ideas to life, from early brainstorms to final trafficking and publication. You will see how the pudding is made, so to speak, and should be able to learn intuitively... because before long you'll be experimenting with pudding recipes of your own.
Above all else, you should have a demonstrated proficiency in project management. Blizzard is a fast-paced, highly-collaborative environment, and you must possess the rare combination of organization, creativity, and flexibility to be effective here.Responsibilities
- Facilitate asset distribution via FTP client between external marketing agencies, Blizzard's regional offices and other teams within Blizzard HQ.
- Assist in capturing gameplay and game assets for screenshots, packaging and videos.
- Coordinate, route, and track approval of marketing materials.
- Build strong working relationships with the other teams within Blizzard, including PR, community, brand marketing and the game development teams.
- Help ensure strategic and visual consistency of Blizzard campaigns.
- Track contracts and invoices from vendors and partner companies.
- Create, adjust, and maintain schedules for all creative assets and update regional offices regularly.
- Review all materials to ensure they are free of typos, inconsistencies, and other errors.
- Help coordinate meetings, create notes and distribute them to shareholders.
- Assist Marketing department with other projects and duties as needed.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a related field, preferably one that required on-time creative deliverables
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively with various regional offices, internal departments, and external vendors
- Experience managing projects and schedules, with a drive to deliver projects on time
- Knowledge of creative and development processes
- Proven experience managing schedules, risk analysis and follow through
- Experience with software and tools related to planning and scheduling
- Proficiency with the following: Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as FTP browsers like FileZilla (Upload/Download files, zip files, etc.)
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Experience working with designers, production and other creative disciplines
- Experience with copywriting in particular
- Experience within the video game industry
- Working knowledge of Adobe's Visual Suite, video editing software, and game clients
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.